Ok; explain this to me, will ya? If i plug my GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Using a second 4X12 will of course give you more mass and more bottom end. It will also raise your speakers up so that their throw is at your ears and not the couch across the room. However if you are already worried about being too loud playing by yourself in your bedroom, this may NOT be what you want. What you CAN do is to elevate your 4X12 higher so that the throw is more direct towards your head. I know several guys who set their cabinets on top of their flight cases for their heads for this reason.

Ideally, for me anyways, if I were to be running a GT8 in a fixed location I would run it through a good stereo power amp, like a VHT, and send the signal(s) to two 4X12's spaced at different sides of the room. That way you can get all your stereo effects with a decent stereo field. Smoke a joint, crank that baby up and see where it gets you!
    ******************* There ya go!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      Ugh.....i got TONE!!!!!!!!!! Whew.. now i see what all the fuss was about! Having 2 preamps sure is fun. Now im starting to see just how
      varible this GT-8 can be? Tweakin heaven. I now have sparkling clarity,
      and rip your face off edge. Thanks so much for straighten this newb out.
      My old way was good, but now i realize just how "muddy" it was.
      I hear everything now, and ive managed to get my volume in check.
      Although it aint easy! Does this mean that the Power section of my
      DSL 2000 50 wt is at 100%? Nothing works on the front of my Marshall...
      but thats ok! I just want to be sure that im not going totally Solid State? It doesnt sound like it, as i have a lot feeling when i bend a note.
      That "smoking, almost like the match has been lit! Ok..enough big words.. Time to get it ON! And as for everyone in this thread....
      if nothing is working on the front of the amp then its only running as a power amp[bypassing the amps pre amp/tubes] and all the distortion should be from the gt6/8.you should still be able to use volume and presence knobs on the amp.there is a way to have the best of both worlds.if you would like this way just ask mate and ill see if i can dig it up.i have a jcm 900 that i run my gt6 into the loop,but i have a old jcm 800/2204 that i had modded,and had fx loop [send/return]built into.all the amps knobs are adjustable and work to help shape the tone when i run my gt6 into that.
      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

never have 4 cables been so complicated! Ok...i have it all now...
        Guitar to GT input > GT L/Mono output to front of DSL > Leave
        out the back of the Marshall "Send"...to the "Return" of the GT >
        Leave the GT out of "Send"...and come back to the Marshalls "Return"!
        Got that? I dont! :ROTF:
        Anyway, so far i have ALL of my front Marshall knob control..(which
        means im going thru tubes and preamp of the Marshall...with max effects
        from the GT. Seems to be the same clear intensity as last night, but now
        with Marshall front panel control. And i have 3 Preamps now! Thanks again for all of your input...
        EVERYONE! Crickey Mate

Comment

glad your happy and its worked out well for you mate
          my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Originally posted by dinky kustom View Post
            if nothing is working on the front of the amp then its only running as a power amp[bypassing the amps pre amp/tubes] and all the distortion should be from the gt6/8.you should still be able to use volume and presence knobs on the amp.
            Marshalls typically do, but not all amps will allow you to use their volume and presence controls when only using its power amp section.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There you go mate. I'm glad you're sorted now. Every amp is different. I also had to play around with my laney a couple of days spacially that it has quite a few ins and outs.

In the beginning you said you were going to keep the Boss GT-8 strickly for the 1/2 stack marshall.
              Is that still the case?

Comment

Originally posted by ilbianconero View Post
                There you go mate. I'm glad you're sorted now. Every amp is different. I also had to play around with my laney a couple of days spacially that it has quite a few ins and outs.

In the beginning you said you were going to keep the Boss GT-8 strickly for the 1/2 stack marshall.
                Is that still the case?
                Well i have these items just sitting, doing nothing...
                Peavey 1 rack space C200 SS Stereo amp. 2X110 watts (2) Genz benz
                single cabs, with Vintage Celestion G12H's in them. So it seems to me,
                when i buy the Red POD XT Pro in a week or 2, that i should just do this
                as a separate system. Plus i have the Peavey amp in a 4 space case,
                so the POD would fit perfectly inside this unit. It would be portable, and true stereo. I could
                then just leave the GT-8 through the Marshall DSL 2000 1/2 stack alone
                as a separate system. Then decide which one, if either that i love the
                most? And this POD with the Roland G-20 Synth system also using my Jackson
                Dinky as the 13 pin axe. Its active anyway, so why not. After aquiring the Charvel
                HRF Eldred, its all i pick up anymore..its so much hotter!
                Heck i may turn into a POD Solid state whore! No one will be able
                to say i dont have ALL the effects known to man! :ROTF:
                Last edited by Robert Burns; 03-23-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I am so late to this thread. You may be all set now, but here's a helpful thread regarding the 4CM:

"What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Working...
                  X