Vetta Vs 5150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta Vs 5150

I have a question for all those here who have played both: How does the real deal 5150 compare to the Vetta version? I love my Vetta and the 5150 is the model I use the most. How close did they get to the actual 5150?

A buddy of mine has one of the Vetta'a and i dont care what the actual 5150 sounds like. Mainly because the Vetta is so good i dont see a reason why investing in one.

Comment

I've never played a 5150, but that patch on my Vetta is pretty badass, I love it for high gain stuff. very throaty and it cuts through even when scooped a bit.

what's really cool is mixing the 5150 with the Rectifier or an Uberschall, or a clean amp model like a Fender.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I have both.

The real 5150 will rip your face off.

The Vetta 5150 will gently remove your skin.

The real 5150 is loud, hissy and very IN YOUR FACE. It sounds like a live amp. It pushes mucho air and it can knock the first few rowa of fans back a few feet.

The Vetta 5150 is loud, completely silent and more refined sounding. It sounds like a real 5150 that was recorded in a top notch recording studio.

Comment

One thing that a Vetta reminds me of is if you've ever been in a recording studio with your amp miked in a different room - and you're in the room with the board, listening to your guitar through the monitors. That is what playing through a modelling amp is like to me. John, do you agree?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            I have both.

The real 5150 will rip your face off.

The Vetta 5150 will gently remove your skin.
            you make the Vetta sound sexier, in a Jeffrey Dahmer kind of way....
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
              One thing that a Vetta reminds me of is if you've ever been in a recording studio with your amp miked in a different room - and you're in the room with the board, listening to your guitar through the monitors. That is what playing through a modelling amp is like to me. John, do you agree?

Pete

I'd agree, to an extent... It still feels a helluva lot different, IMO.

Comment

My names not john

Comment

jgcable's is though....
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                    My names not john
                    Bully for you, I was talking to JGCable.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                      I've never played a 5150, but that patch on my Vetta is pretty badass, I love it for high gain stuff. very throaty and it cuts through even when scooped a bit.

what's really cool is mixing the 5150 with the Rectifier or an Uberschall, or a clean amp model like a Fender.
                      Wow Skorb, that is actually my favorite of my patches. It's the 5150 and Uber models with a little reverb and no other effects. Lately I've been running one amp at a time with no amp sims through a Marshall Vintage 30 cab and loving it. I think by itself the 5150 model beats the Uber for the majority of my music. I do really like the Uber model too, but a 5150 is actually in my price range at the moment.

I spent some of my off time at work today playing through a Marshall DSL 100 with a Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal and liked it, but it was definatly missing something. I think my biggest issue with tube amps is the volume that is necessary to make them sound good. I love my Vetta because it sounds awesome at ANY volume.

But no matter how much I love my Vetta, I seem to feel this need to be one of the cool kids and own a tube amp.

Comment

yesterday i played a gig using my hd 147 instead of my framus cobra
                        my rhythm and lead patches were based on the 5150.
                        as for the lead patch, it sounded better than my framus. the feel's different, but when you're drunk on stage you don't exactly notice stuff like that, do you?
                        the rhythm patch sounded pretty good, close to the real 5150 (i own a 5150, and have used it for a few months before i bought my cobra), but it was lacking that extra oomph and cut when put up against my other guitar player's powerball. when doubling each other his guitar tended to be more audible than mine. when playing harmonies or other different parts it was fine, though.
                        all in all, i'd say it's close....about 90% close. it lacks the cut and punch of a real tube amp, though.
                        but then again, that's just the 5150 model....you're definitely NOT limited to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post

Pete
                          I agree 100% Pete. That is exactly what I am talking about. Its a "disconnected" sound. The cleans are much more "real sounding"

Comment

Working...
                          X