H & K Switchblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & K Switchblade

I'm starting to get the itch for another amp. Not because I need one of course, but why not?

I've been looking at the Marshall 30th anniversary 6100, the JVM, and now the Kughes & Kettner Switchblade. It's a 4 channel all-tube amp, with built in digital effects. I've read the manual front to back, and I think it's very well thought out, especially how the 4 channels share the EQ controls, but each channel is unaffected by changes made to the other 3 channels. In other words, each channel has independent EQ settings, but they share the controls.

I would really like to know if any one has tried one of these things out, or even better, actually owned one.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I've tried the Switchblade and the Warp X out. Both amps were great in my opinion, but the Warp X had more gain on tap. The built in digital effects on the Switchblade were nice and actually very usable. I tried both through H&K VC412A30 cabinets. Alot of artists are using the Switchblade on tour now. Back to back though I thought the Warp X had more gain on tap, better voicing, great clean channel. I did end up going with the Warp X with the matching cab and have been very happy with it over all.

Comment

Originally posted by piranhaguy2002a View Post
      I've tried the Switchblade and the Warp X out.
      Which Switchblade did you try, the head or the combo? Can the combo be played at low volume while fully distorted or does it need to be cranked to get the best tone? I've got my eye on the H&k, but will stick with my modeling amp if the Switchblade can't be played at low volume.

Comment

Zeeg - there are several guys on harmony central that have owned them and even posted clips. They should be able to answer any questions... you're not the only one who finds those amps interesting.

Pete

Comment

I tried out the head and I tried it at different volumes. Actually didn't sound to bad at lower volume levels. The Warp X sounds great at any level!

Comment

Working...
          X