Krank micro stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
    That thing looks like a piece of crap. I hope it sounds better than it looks. Nu Metal wannabes will be playing that... At least that is the image I get in my head when I look at it. Flame on....
    well, that's the crowd that will be buying it. Kids who want to play the amps their heroes appear to be playing, who know that tubes are better, and who can't afford a Krankenstein.

Originally posted by mantis View Post
    It looks like a Vox Valvetronix series amp. Do they look as you feel 2??
    I've just googled around for Valvetronix pics and can't find a single one, head or combo, that looks like that Krank. The Voxes I've found look good, even with the metal grill. Which model are talking about?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I feel the same way. I have played a few Orange amps. I'll stick with Krank.

Dan
      Umm...we don't feel the same way. Orange amps are great.

Personally, I wouldn't give a bucket of worm spit for a Krank amp.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        well, that's the crowd that will be buying it. Kids who want to play the amps their heroes appear to be playing, who know that tubes are better, and who can't afford a Krankenstein.

a Krank Rev 1 is way better then a Krankenstein,Krank have been known to let a few lemons out of its factory,the thing about Krank,if you want something done different to your amp,they are more then happy to mod it for you,and are very helpful when you ask questions,i enjoy shredding through my Krank every chance i get
        http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Is it made by Hasbro or Mattel?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
            Is it made by Hasbro or Mattel?
            Fisher-Price.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Krank = ghey
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's funny... you guys always bash Kranks, yet they never stop sounding awesome on record. Sure, being in a studio helps, but these amps, with a good guitar and through a good cabinet (krank stock cabinet = shit), do sound pretty damned good. Overpriced? Sure, but they still consistently sound good in a mix.

Comment

What is an example of a good sounding Krank on record?

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    The New Shadows fall CD.

Comment

36 Crazyfists - Rest Inside The Flames
                      Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine, Live Apocalypse DVD
                      As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
                      Chimaira - Resurrection
                      Cradle of Filth - Thornography
                      DÅÅTH - The Hinderer's

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3 View Post
                        36 Crazyfists - Rest Inside The Flames
                        Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine, Live Apocalypse DVD
                        As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
                        Chimaira - Resurrection
                        Cradle of Filth - Thornography
                        DÅÅTH - The Hinderer's
                        Sorry, I should have said a good sounding Krank in a musical setting

The bits that I've heard from all of those albums have generic hyper distorted tones that are EQ'd and compressed like crazy. Seriously, you could easily get that sound from the old solid state Randalls like Dime used. No need for tubes at all for that sound. In fact, Dime's tones were much better - he got a crispness and clarity that those albums lack.

The New Shadows fall CD.
                        I've not heard that album yet - I like those guys - I'll have to grab that CD. Thanks.

- Newc

Comment

Sorry, I should have said a good sounding Krank in a musical setting

The bits that I've heard from all of those albums have generic hyper distorted tones that are EQ'd and compressed like crazy. Seriously, you could easily get that sound from the old solid state Randalls like Dime used. No need for tubes at all for that sound. In fact, Dime's tones were much better - he got a crispness and clarity that those albums lack.

Riiiight... like you've heard them all. If you honestly think they all have that quality, I know you haven't heard them all, not counting the fact that Arch Enemy is one of the most widely respected metal bands, and that the DÅÅTH came out last week.

If you're just not into extreme metal, then so be it - and in that case, a Krank would not be an amp I'd suggest for you.

Comment

The New Shadows fall CD.
                            Jon Donais still uses his old Korg floor processor for all of his sounds, though.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How about Nevermore...... Great tone. Live and on CD.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3 View Post
                                Riiiight... like you've heard them all. If you honestly think they all have that quality, I know you haven't heard them all, not counting the fact that Arch Enemy is one of the most widely respected metal bands, and that the DÅÅTH came out last week.

If you're just not into extreme metal, then so be it - and in that case, a Krank would not be an amp I'd suggest for you.
                                You're right, I've only heard four of the CD's you suggested - I didn't mean to imply otherwise. None of them had remarkable guitar tones. I have never even heard of DÅÅTH before.

Arch Enemy may be widely respected but it's only by a subset of people that like that particular sub-genre of metal. Me, I can't listen to that stuff without laughing at the singer. I much prefer stuff like Symphony X, Nevermore, Pagan's Mind, etc.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X