No announcement yet.

Pedal advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has George's skull logo and came with three modules, but the grail was the only Lynch module available at the time, so while I wait for Mr Scary I put a blackface in (nice) and some other piece of crap. Think i'll go crazy and get a few others that you guys recommended. Probably XTC, brown, and maybe a plexi?

Comment

I actually grabbed a glass nexus (damage control pedals) it's a pretty cool tube pedal and seems to go well with my amp, it has the effects I wanted. I'll play with it and let you know. Thanks guys...

Comment

Yeah Tim, my MXR's are older pedals. In fact they don't even have the LED in them to light up when they're on. You're right about the SL+ as well. It just didn't have the gain I was expecting, neither did the Brown or the Plexi for that matter. Plexi was good at getting the AC/DC type tone though. I should probably smack all these modules with my OCD and see what happens. The Clean module wasn't too impressive either, Blackface and Tweed as well as Deluxe were much better for clean tones. Anyway, between XTC, Mr. Scary, and 1086 there are tons of high gain options so I'm happy
        The Lynch Boxes I've seen all had the Lynch/Skull logo. Regardless, other than the green alligator skin vinyl covering and lack of side handles, they have slots in the sides instead, they are pretty much just an RM100. Oh yeah, they also have a different type of switch for power and standby. Internally the same as far as I know and definetly sound the same.

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
        X