Good power amp for GNX3, PODXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good power amp for GNX3, PODXT?

I recently bought a Marshall cab with V30s and want to be able to put my modelers through it without going through the Vetta. Is there an inexpensive power amp you guys can recommend? Would something like the Epi Valve Junior work? Does it stay clean at full volume or does it breakup? Thanks!

crate powerblock.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

+1 for the powerblock - remember to use the cd in.

Comment

Originally posted by HeWhoIs View Post
        I recently bought a Marshall cab with V30s and want to be able to put my modelers through it without going through the Vetta. Is there an inexpensive power amp you guys can recommend? Would something like the Epi Valve Junior work? Does it stay clean at full volume or does it breakup? Thanks!
        The Epiphone Valve Junior starts to break up around the 12 o' clock. All the way up it has a nice Marshall style over drive. I would try a Crate Power Block.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
          Line out from the PodXTPro or GNX to the Effects Return of the powerblock. Been using it that way while waiting for my new amp.

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
            Line out from the PodXTPro or GNX to the Effects Return of the powerblock. Been using it that way while waiting for my new amp.

-Nate
            Effects return also used on my Powerblock with the line out of my Boss GT-8. I can't even use the cd input on mine, as I don't have the proper cable for that.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Crate Powerblock works great but a decent stereo tube power amp like a Peavey 50/50 or a Carvin T-100 is even better.

Comment

Do they even make the powerblock anymore? I can't find it on MF or the other sites. They are going pretty cheap on Ebay though.

Comment

Is there a reason to do this instead of using the regular 1/4 inputs on the powerblock?

Comment

Working...
                  X