Mustaine's Line6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
    LOL! Then there are the sick bastards like me and JGCable who owned tube and modelling amps at the same time... I'm actually using a Boss GT8 through a VHT head, and have it hooked up so I can use the GT8's modelling preamp for my clean tones and the VHT for my overdrives. Works really well.

Pete

I am doing the same thing as Pete except I am using an Soldano head.
    It DOES work REALLY well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nev View Post
      Hey Guys,
      I happen to personally know Dave's guitar tech. He's a friend of mine, and they're coming to Chicago on May 5th with Dio and Sabbath. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to have him sign my Y2K and I'll find out more about the new Line 6 for everybody.
      Hey Nev...set me up when they come to town bro

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        Didn't they make a special rack delay for the Edge though? That looked production to me, and they never sold it as far as I know.
        Yeppers.

http://line6.com/news/general/122

Comment

Actually, in the new Guitar One mag it says that Line 6 head as shown has a few different amp modules built in. I think I recall him saying it was modded after a Marshall Plexi, the Megadrive (possibly from the Rocktron piece), something about a lead channel with a few effects (can't recall now) and possibly another channel. I don't know that this will be a product that will be sold because honestly I think the current Line 6 product do the same thing, just with more possibilities, but it's something they built for him to use in the studio and on tour. When I find the magazine tomorrow I'll try and copy it down

Comment

I don't think it'll be much different than the Vetta.

They're just wating their time on a new amp

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

According to Andy Sneap, it's not going to be a production amp. I don't see what the big deal is, it gets Line 6 some credibility and Dave gets a free amp.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

That looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post
                  Actually, in the new Guitar One mag it says that Line 6 head as shown has a few different amp modules built in. I think I recall him saying it was modded after a Marshall Plexi, the Megadrive (possibly from the Rocktron piece), something about a lead channel with a few effects (can't recall now) and possibly another channel. I don't know that this will be a product that will be sold because honestly I think the current Line 6 product do the same thing, just with more possibilities, but it's something they built for him to use in the studio and on tour. When I find the magazine tomorrow I'll try and copy it down
                  Read the same article. I got the impression that the main purpose of the Line 6 is as a power amp only for his Rocktron Prophesy.

Comment

No power tubes?? I think that power tubes play a huge role in Mustaine's tone. It's getting more and more strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      I've heard that myself. A CAE3+se like mine. But, I haven't really documented it myself. Heard he used it with a VHT 2150 (Like mine too haha.. and no, I just use em cuz I like em, I don't like Dave all that much)
                      Hey John,
                      hows that CAE 3+SE Preamp doing that I SOLD YOU
                      Yer obviously still happy with it after extensive tube swapping & experimentation.(I still own both the CAE3+and SE as well as My Bogner Fish & VHT 2150s too)

And you KNOW that Dave used the CAE 3+(not the SE) on all the Countdown recordings,a Few off of "Hidden Treasures"(Go to Hell & No More Mr Nice Guy and Diadems).
                      The entire Rust in Peace recordings were done by Dave on a Bogner Fish ad prototype Triple Giant.
                      Marty used a Bogner Fish as well-and both of em were powered by a VHT 2150.

On Countdown Marty bought & used a CAE 3+SE and Dave stuck with te original 3+.

Anything turned out by Line6 is total CRAP/SHIT .Mustaine is using anything he can get for free-it's always been his way.

Comment

Mustaines Line6 amp has a 300 watt Solid State Power Section in it.
                        The heat sinks are massive/HUGE and tha accounts for the large rack chassis(4 spaces) that the New Line6 amp takes up.

Tonewise I think it sucks,but Daves ears tell hem differently(Live anyway).

Comment

I find the fact dave's going to Line6 a bit interesting. However, I will note if there is one thing I miss from my Spider II, its the Insane channel. That just was awesome, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dave had a Line6 amp that modeled some of his faves and included something based off the Insane setting by them.

As for the size of that thing, I can't believe the hint sinks take of that much. If they do, wouldn't it be more efficient just to use a fan, like the Fender Metalhead?

Comment

How come I knew Vince/Dave Jr. would post in this thread after his "big break in"?

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post
                              It's quite possible that they find their sales limited by the fact that a lot of guitarists aren't tech-savvy. So an amp with the tone quality of a Vetta II but that's much simpler to use could actually appeal to a lot of people for whom all those options are just daunting. Like Dave! :ROTF:
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                                Like Dave! :ROTF:
                                And ME!!

Comment

Working...
                                X