Interesting Boss GT8/Pro info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Boss GT8/Pro info

So I'm considering redoing my effects with a GT-Pro instead of the 8. Mainly because you can have three loops - two that can be inserted anywhere, one that only goes in the front. Big deal, eh?

Well, what I'm thinking of doing is getting a Pro and running my VHT in one loop (like the 4 cable method) and running an MP1 in the front loop, and maybe getting a Mesa Quad or Soldano SP77 for the other loop. This would give me a TON of flexibility for live.

Here's the really interesting part though - the Pro runs at +4db OR -10db. The GT8 only runs at -10. So... if you liked how the GT8 worked but it goofed with your tone, consider the GT Pro, since it runs at line levels, and the level mismatch was a big tone killer for many amps.

Just FYI. If you were really interested, I'd advise taking your amp to GC and hooking one up to make sure it's worth it, or buy the Pro from somewhere you can return it. Sure seems like a great idea though!

Pete

Pete - let me know how it works out. I've been thinking of replacing my PODxt Pro with a GT-Pro or a Fractal Design Axe-FX. The GT-Pro is substantially less money though.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm awful curious about the Axe-FX, but it's way too small a company for me to buy one just yet. I think you'd be screwed if something happened to the company... and least I know Boss and Line6 should either be around a long time, or parts will be plentiful.

Pete

Comment

I am interested in how that works out too. I am so far.. EXTREMELY impressed with the GT-8. Its an amazing piece of gear. I can imagine how great the GT-Pro must be.

Comment

I owned the GT 8 and loved/ Hated it. If the GT pro runs out at +4db for the effects loop, and doesn't tone suck. I'm all about it... but how do you control it?? Does boss make a Gt 8 looking footswitcher??? I liked the way the GT 8 worked.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
            I owned the GT 8 and loved/ Hated it. If the GT pro runs out at +4db for the effects loop, and doesn't tone suck. I'm all about it... but how do you control it?? Does boss make a Gt 8 looking footswitcher??? I liked the way the GT 8 worked.
            FC-200

- Newc

Comment

That's my other part of the quandry... a good midi controller. I'd like to get something nicer than an FCB1010, may get the smaller rocktron and then also use a seperate cont. controller pedal.

Then again, I was messing with the GT8 into the VHT, and jeez louise it sounded good. I was getting really nice cleans with the GT8 modelling preamp and bypassing the VHT's two channels.

Pete

Comment

Pete - I've used a Rocktron MIDI Mate off and on for 15+ years - never let me down. It's much better than the POS Behringer - I had one of those - briefly.

I still have the MIDI Mate but don't use it anymore since I got the All Access. I was lucky on that and got it direct from Rocktron - they sell demo units on Ebay from time to time for about dealer cost.

I've hit some limits with the All Access in terms of getting exactly what I want so I just ordered an Axess FX-1 - it is crazy configurable - the key for me is the linked switches and being able to send multiple CC/PC/SysEx messages per switch. Plus it has a PC editor - you know you are pretty fucking nuts when you are looking forward to something like that to program your foot switches

Once the FX-1 comes in I'll probably unload the Rocktrons so hang tight Pete

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X