Need a new 2x12 or 2x10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new 2x12 or 2x10

I want a new 2x12 or 2x10 amp and I need some opinions. I don't have many real options for trying them out in stores since the stores here stock virtually nothing. I would like to stay under $400. This is going to just be a practice amp as I have a full rack and 4x12. I need definition, crunch, and reliability. Effects aren't super important, but they don't hurt. I play technical death/thrash metal and am using USA 6 & 7 string Jacksons. I was looking at the following:

Line 6 Spider III 2x10 (seems to be most popular and Matt's Music is a Line 6 dealer, so that doesn't hurt).
    Ibanez Tone-Blaster X Series 2x12
    Crate Flex Wave 2x12
    Crate GLX212
    Marshall Micro Stack

Anyone tried these? Or do you guys have suggestions on others? Thanks.

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

I'm not a digital-type guy at all, but out of that batch, I think the Spider III would be the best. Those Crate amps are garbage. My brother bought one, a GFX212 I think, and the tone was so fizzy that it wasn't even useful for practicing along to a CD or low-volume jamming.

Personally, I'd suggest some sort of Peavey TransTube. They are available in combo format with effects. You might even get a deal on a Valve King.
    sigpic

Comment

The Behringer stuff sounds good for the price. I have the V-Ampire head but they make a 2x12 I believe

Comment

Working...
      X