No announcement yet.

Marshall JCM900 SL-X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Steer and Mike Amott played on Heartwork. Mike Hickey is in Venom now, and his screen name here is MHGOLDTOP.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      If I recall correctly, it was the Marshall SL-X, a Marshall mini stack, and I think even the Marshall 30th Anniversary. Live, I believe they used the 5150 with Marshall Guv'nor pedal (first issue) in front.
      Yea, it was all those, some in combinations as well. Good layering and good production values.
      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

I had a 100 Watt SL-X head a month and a half ago. It was the 1st Marshall I deemed worthy of puchase. Has almost a Mesa like saturation feel that you just don't find on the other Marshall's (Pre-JVM410). If you like Marshall, it's definitely one of the top sounding ones and no boost pedal is needed.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Cool man, I'm wondering if it's possible to get a Slayer-esque sound out of a JCM900, or would that require a more or less modded JCM800? If things go according to plan I'll have the SL-X here in a day or two. Hope it works out for me! If it doesn't I'll just send it back. I made a "try before buy" deal with the owner, great guy
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

my biggest live I did (about 6000 people) was with JCM 900. I didn't had my own amp so I used that. It sounded horrible, very loose and saggy, there was this sudden 10db volume boost durning the channel switching. Luckly I had my Boss pedals wich I used with the clean channel. It worked out pretty well, but the amp itself was piece of shit. The other JCM900's I've tried sounded pretty bad too. But I've always had good results with pedals and Marshalls (even the crappy ones). That being said the only Marshalls I really like are the vintage Plexis. BTW. Slayer's tone blows huge meat wand
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Haha Well it sounds heavy enough to me.. Oh well! Endrik, you have that Blue Stripe Mesa, don't you? Nothing will ever sound good enough for you anymore man! Ya lucky bastid..
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

It doesn't have to sound heavy at all, it's just that the tone itself isn't anything special... but they can be awsome if they are modded by pros. I think you would like Silver Jubilees a lot more.

yeah my amp is from another world, it's Coliseum 300 after all
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                X