Where to find a Mesa Boogie Triaxis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    rectifier preamp doesn't really sound like a rectifier either one of the best amps for leads tho.

triaxis is super cool and versatile but it misses the recto tones, that's it
    The Recto Pre sounds exactly like a Recto. I have a Dual Recto Rackmount and a Recto Pre in another rig. I prefer the Recto Rackmount but the Recto Pre definitely sounds like a Recto head.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Get a dual recto. They rule!

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
        The Recto Pre sounds exactly like a Recto. I have a Dual Recto Rackmount and a Recto Pre in another rig. I prefer the Recto Rackmount but the Recto Pre definitely sounds like a Recto head.
        the one I tryed didn't sound like recto at all, more like Mark series amp.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          Get a dual recto. They rule!

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            So would i be better off, with buying a new Dual Rectifier at say $1600.00
            or a Triple Rectifier at $1800.00. Or...(drum roll please)... A mint used
            Rivera "Bonehead" head for $1100.00 Which of these 3 would be better
            at delivering that crushing Kings X like tone? Ive narrowed it down to
            these 3 presently. I have the PODxt Pro rack mount, and the Boss GT-8
            unit for effects. Plus if i got another 4x12 cab, i would be in stereo with
            my present Marshall DSL 2000 50wt. Any advice?
            Get a used 2 channel Dual Recto for $1100-$1200.

Comment

If you already have a 2:100, I would just get the Recto Pre. This will give you the option to go stereo if you want.
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Hey, thanks for the replies with suggestions and advice! I'm going to try a Recto Preamp and a Triaxis tomorrow.
                And thank you Mr. Burns for highjacking my thread
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                  Hey, thanks for the replies with suggestions and advice! I'm going to try a Recto Preamp and a Triaxis tomorrow.
                  And thank you Mr. Burns for highjacking my thread
                  Avoid the Lead 1 settings, go right for Lead 2.. Lead 1 needs a lot of tweaking. Also Dynamic Voicing is a pain in the butt and takes a lot of getting used to, so you might want to keep it on 0 for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X