Where to find a Mesa Boogie Triaxis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a Mesa Boogie Triaxis?

I'm going to try GC tomorrow I've been watching eBay and they have been running from reasonable to crazy money for that Preamp! Some used ones have been selling for more than list price! I don't know if GC will have one or not? I've heard they are special order? I don't know. Any ideas? I looked on gBase and nothing there. These Mesa Boogie amps are quite elusive and Mesa must control their dealers, because I can't find any on-line.

I can just order one from a dealer, but I've never heard one. This is sounding like how I buy Jacksons, sight unseen and unplayed.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

New the prices are close to $2k.. Used it should go between $900-$1100

GC probably won't have it in stock, as that unit is a bit difficult to sell as heads are still very popular, and most GC's barely even have one or two Mesa amps.

Mesa doesn't allow the online sales of their amps, they want you to purchase them exclusively from dealers, they very, very strictly control their prices too.

Red / Yellow / Green Lead 1's are all a bit "meh" but all the Lead 2's sound pretty damn nice to my ear. Be careful though, as the sounds from the Triaxis are definitely not for everyone.

Comment

I'm wondering if you can get decent Mark IV and Rectifier tones out of a Triaxis? I've got to find one to test out!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        and Rectifier tones out of a Triaxis?
        nope
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          nope
          Really? Damn I guess, I should go for the Rectifier preamp? And it's less money too.

Comment

rectifier preamp doesn't really sound like a rectifier either one of the best amps for leads tho.

triaxis is super cool and versatile but it misses the recto tones, that's it
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The Triaxis has great clean and lead tones. The high gain rhythm tones are where the struggle / tweaking begins, you will spend a lot of time finding a good setting. I've been told with a parametric EQ the Triaxis can pull off awesome rhythm tones though. Haven't experimented with that yet.

And Endrik is right, Recto tones aren't really there... Lead 2 Red is acceptable though (I think that's emulating a Mark III)

Comment

Damn again. You guys are killing me I appreciate your input. I have a Mesa 2:100 that's brand new. I guess I'll stick with my PSA-1 preamp. It gets a great rectifier tone on 2 of the factory patches. I haven't even tried to tweak it yet. I also can use my Extreme III $100 pedal for more rectifier tones. Oh boy, my guitar budget just went up. I can use the money for another guitar now!:ROTF:

Comment

Just get a modded MP-1, much better / cheaper Get the mark IV mod, and then use your pedal to hit the recto tones. *shrugs*

Comment

Modded MP-1's are getting a bit more difficult.. The 3TM's are only being done over in Europe as the USA guy got too backed up. Don't know about anywhere else to get modded MP-1's - any suggestions?

Comment

My modded MP-1 is a Voodoo amps Deluxe mod. As far as distortion, it gets great hot rodded Marshall tones including high gain, but not the Boogie Rectifier tone. I know there are other folks who mod amps like Hairston, but like it's been said he is backed up. From what I've read on the ADA web page you can mod the MP-1 for the Boogie high gain tone, but after the mod, the amp is limited to the Boogie tone only.
                      IMHO the Sansamp PSA-1 is much better at accomplishing Mesa Rectifier, Fender (including bass amps), Vox, Marshall etc. than anything else I've heard to date. And it's solid state to boot. It just amazes me with the tones of the different amps.

I'm still on my quest to test a Triaxis and do some tweaking.

Comment

If you're really after a Recto rhythm tone, just get a Dual Recto head. The Triaxis has many cool tones, but it doesn't "100% nail" any of the tones found in the MarkIV or Dual Recto heads.

Comment

TriAxis has my favorite tones. There's no R2 compromise like I had with my Mark IV head. Tweaking and a tight sounding cab can lead to some deity-like tones.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                            Modded MP-1's are getting a bit more difficult.. The 3TM's are only being done over in Europe as the USA guy got too backed up. Don't know about anywhere else to get modded MP-1's - any suggestions?
                            My guitar tech-like-person does all my stuff for me, haha. But yeah, I've been talking to MarshallJMP and he's one of the only people who want to put in the time to do mods fulltime. *shrugs*

Comment

So would i be better off, with buying a new Dual Rectifier at say $1600.00
                              or a Triple Rectifier at $1800.00. Or...(drum roll please)... A mint used
                              Rivera "Bonehead" head for $1100.00 Which of these 3 would be better
                              at delivering that crushing Kings X like tone? Ive narrowed it down to
                              these 3 presently. I have the PODxt Pro rack mount, and the Boss GT-8
                              unit for effects. Plus if i got another 4x12 cab, i would be in stereo with
                              my present Marshall DSL 2000 50wt. Any advice?

Comment

Working...
                              X