No announcement yet.

Uberschallers chime in, I want a Bogner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Reinhold Bogner is from Germany. Actually he started his shop just a few streets away from my favourite guitar store.
    But he went to live and run his business in america. I think it was 1989 ? Not sure. Anyway Bogners today are made in america.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
      so, what's different about the diezel when compared to the bogner? i'd guess it's brighter, tighter, but less bottom chunk, but that's just going by internet rumors really

Herbert is a bit brighter/tigher with the presence up, but as far as bottom, and low end bass goes, it has just as much as the Uber- if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Aren't Bogner amps made in Germany? I'd think that every guitar shop would carry them, just like every guitar shop here carries Fender amps.

unfortuatly not... as said he is living and working in the US now. You can get ENGL here on every corner and Diezel is really common too. But Bogner. I think there are just two dealers overall and they don't carry a lot of the stuff.
        "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

To me, the Uberschall is the king of high gain amps and its controls are pretty simple and easy to operate, two basic channels of clean and all out gain, nice serial effects loop. Doesn't get any better than that!

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have an early production Uberschall.Its a one trick pony that does what it's designed for very well.
            The overdrive/Lead channel works great and the clean is just a clone of the overdrive channel without distortion.
            The clean channel doesn't exhibit the 3-d roundness or sparkle of a (example) a Fender Twin but its ok for what it does.

I bought the Uberschall for the overdrive alone-which is what it does very well.

Comment

Working...
            X