Any serious amp collectors here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any serious amp collectors here?

I was going through the Marshall website and looking at the readers gear and I saw this gentleman and his collection!
    Just keep scrolling you'll eventually see it.
    Anybody have any idea who he is, it gives his initials but the pic is so small I can't tell? I'd love to see a larger resolution picture of this collection.

Shob
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

I've seen a few pics of his crazy collection over the years. I'd hate to think how long it takes him to haul them all outside to setup a shot. And then he has to drag them all back in again
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      I've seen a few pics of his crazy collection over the years. I'd hate to think how long it takes him to haul them all outside to setup a shot. And then he has to drag them all back in again
      It's about the passion man. He probably doesn't think about that. He is in "MY BABIES" mode and wants the world to see them.

Whats funny about that is I find myself loving the gear alittle more then I like to play. I spend more time researching gear then playing. If I switched my drive here, I would be a much better guitarist. Funny shit

Dan

Comment

Actually from what I've seen in other places, he's sold most of them now. He bought them back when you could get Plexi's for 200-300.00 and just kept buying.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
          Whats funny about that is I find myself loving the gear alittle more then I like to play. I spend more time researching gear then playing. If I switched my drive here, I would be a much better guitarist. Funny shit

Dan
          Thats a rut I see a lot of guitarist fall into...For the most part, collectors are not all that great at playing, or you just never hear them...

Remember...I said..."For the most part" So, that should give me an adequate "Out" if anyone takes it personally! “oh, I didn’t mean you…”
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Jesus christ thats a lot of amps

Comment

Now just imagine them all connected together!
              Then one power chord and it would sound like WWIII has broken out.

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

That picture? If so, I don't know why his initials are "RT". His name is Carl Nielson. More pictures of his collection can be seen here: http://plexipalace.com/va/showroom.html

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                  Thats a rut I see a lot of guitarist fall into...For the most part, collectors are not all that great at playing, or you just never hear them...

Remember...I said..."For the most part" So, that should give me an adequate "Out" if anyone takes it personally! “oh, I didn’t mean you…”
                  I completely agree with you and actually I'm alittle like that just not that extreme. I find myself liking the gear more then I practice. I spend more time researching and trying stuff out then sitting down and practicing. It's a problem of mine. I'm a gear head. I always have been. It's an addiction I got from the audio and video world. I'm way into theater and 2 channel music and spend more time with the gear then buying music and enjoying software.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by lamppost View Post

That picture? If so, I don't know why his initials are "RT". His name is Carl Nielson. More pictures of his collection can be seen here: http://plexipalace.com/va/showroom.html
                    Fuck me sideways, he's got just as many Vox amps as well! I'd love to see them in the flesh, just imagine the size of the area needed to keep all those, he must have a very understanding partner. I think mine would have hung me by the testicles...
                    Great collection, I'd do allsorts for one of those coloured JTM45s.
                    Last edited by shobet; 04-01-2007, 06:52 AM.

Comment

What if it had started to cloud up, and threaten rain? I would think
                      without help, it would take 4 hours to get all of those inside again?
                      Scary..

Comment

Tooo much time on hiz hands

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                          Tooo much time on hiz hands
                          Think of the money he's invested in that collection as well.
                          Having an old Marshall myself I can understand the attraction of them, but I don't think I could take it to the level he has. But he is a collector and whatever real collectors are into they research and sometimes travel the globe to aquire that special item they simply must have.

Comment

Working...
                          X