Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LINE 6 POD xt Pro Rack mnt. Anyone have any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE 6 POD xt Pro Rack mnt. Anyone have any tips?

Im home today...dont have a manual.. but i know that you POD owners
    could save me some time with some quick tips on how to make user
    patches, and whats the best heavy Slipknot tone in it?
    The "Eruption" patch with headphones sure has me smiling !!
    Im finally Eddie ! :ROTF:

what do you want to know? i've had pods and vettas for years, i just turn knobs until it sounds good. the one universal thing that applies to creating patches with all modelers is to start by turning all the effects off - iow, create patches like you would craft a sound with pedals and amps. you wouldn't start creating a tone "normally" by turning on all your pedals.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well i know one thing for sure.. after about 4 hours of tweaking..and
      turning down the horrible shrill of treble on every preset... the POD is
      NOT for me!
      I built as large a Treadplate tone as i could...(btw..hate the user interface compared to the GT-8) and my best heavy tone in the POD
      was about 2/3rds of the Boss. The GT-8 kicks its ass!
      Ill be returning this one, and possibly in the future try the Vetta II
      but for now POD has nothing i like, except for direct into headphones.
      Straight into the Marshall, or thru the effect loop, its tone was thin,
      and shrill. Even boosting the EQ to +8. Maybe im doing something
      wrong, and maybe NOT having the manual im missing something important,
      but im certainly not impressed with it. For $700.00 i can buy a Modded
      Voodoo MP-1 for Crizze sakes!

Comment

Only suggestion that I can give you based on the information you have given about your setup. First of all, if you are going out to a cab, the first thing that you want to do when making a patch is immediately turn off your speaker emulation. Only use it when going direct or recording. The second thing is to realize that the pod has a TON of gain. Start off low on the gain side and find your tone then creep it up. The more gain you have, the less responsive your tone controls are.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
          Only suggestion that I can give you based on the information you have given about your setup. First of all, if you are going out to a cab, the first thing that you want to do when making a patch is immediately turn off your speaker emulation. Only use it when going direct or recording. The second thing is to realize that the pod has a TON of gain. Start off low on the gain side and find your tone then creep it up. The more gain you have, the less responsive your tone controls are.

-Nate
          Will do...thanks!

Comment

If you don't like the PODxt Pro, you won't like the Vetta.

Don't waste time with the presets - 75% of the stock presets suck donkey balls. Create your own patches from scratch - it is actually not hard at all.

As Nate said, what's your setup? The POD can sound like canned ass through the wrong stuff. I've found that different headphones matter a lot - more than any other usage of the POD in fact .

- Newc

Comment

Running the POD using the same 4 cable method as with the GT-8
              From Guitar to front input.. switch on "Normal".. then out the L/Mono
              output, with the mono send and receive "loop" in the Marshall DSL-2000
              50 wt head. Then into a Celestion 4/12 cab. I am going to try it out in
              the Peavey Stereo CS200 amp, and into single 12" Genzbenz cabs for
              true stereo. Headphones are Sampson D-300's.. around $60. Ok
              i guess for decent phones? Thanks

Comment

As usual Tim...it was "Opporator Error" !! Going direct in Mono, and
                turning "Off" the A.I.R. cabs made a huge difference! Now its got some
                nads. I kept wondering why most guys loved the POD units...as i could
                not get anything but a DOD Fuzz sound! Seems like it does not like
                "My" particular "Effects Loop" routing. So i will just keep it simple for
                now. Funny how turning the A.I.R. off made the fidelity about 200%
                better! Its very close now to the GT-8 in clarity. Once again...u guys
                should just reply to ANYTHING i post ..."Now bob... your doing something
                wrong again"!

Comment

Did you set the POD xt pro output mode?

- Newc

Comment

you really ought to glance at the manual

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      If you don't like the PODxt Pro, you won't like the Vetta.

Don't waste time with the presets - 75% of the stock presets suck donkey balls. Create your own patches from scratch - it is actually not hard at all.

As Nate said, what's your setup? The POD can sound like canned ass through the wrong stuff. I've found that different headphones matter a lot - more than any other usage of the POD in fact .
                      It was the same with the Boss GT-8 at first. The Presets were bland..
                      after 2 months with the GT it now roars! I wonder why the manufacturers
                      NEVER tweak their units in the first place? Knowing what i do now about
                      the GT-8 (and soon the PODxt Pro) I could set up a GT-8 so that at
                      least 3 or 4 factory presets would rip your face off! Why dont they
                      just ship them with a few full blown "Tweaks?

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        you really ought to glance at the manual
                        Dont have one!! Where are they in a PDF? Ive looked at the Line6
                        site,and i didnt see any? Im flying blind! This is a loner unit with no papers!~

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          site,and i didnt see any? Im flying blind!
                          You're kidding right?

- Newc

Comment

site,and i didnt see any? Im flying blind! This is a loner unit with no papers!~
                            Try this.

The manual in .pdf format.

Comment

As usual Tim...it was "Opporator Error" !! Going direct in Mono, and
                              turning "Off" the A.I.R. cabs made a huge difference! Now its got some
                              nads. I kept wondering why most guys loved the POD units...as i could
                              not get anything but a DOD Fuzz sound! Seems like it does not like
                              "My" particular "Effects Loop" routing. So i will just keep it simple for
                              now. Funny how turning the A.I.R. off made the fidelity about 200%
                              better! Its very close now to the GT-8 in clarity. Once again...u guys
                              should just reply to ANYTHING i post ..."Now bob... your doing something
                              wrong again"!

Glad that did the trick man. You are going to only want to use A.I.R. when you are direct recording(USB). As mentioned before, you should check our output mode (what you are plugging into) I think it is the button on the far left of the face plate that sticks you into your output options mode. You have your cabinet/amplifier/cab EQ options in there.

Let the tweeking start =)

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X