No announcement yet.

New VOX high gain amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FAV music store has a new XL (AD30VT) version of my amp and its priced the same $239.99. So I plan on going back and maybe trading my in towards it. Im a High-Gain junky and it has a 12" instead of a 10" and the black mesh grill too.
    From what ive read, it has a VOX speaker not the Celestion.You would think it would have the Celestion like the AD50VT, maybe to keep the $$$ down?
    Last edited by ADR; 08-29-2007, 10:41 AM.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Celestion is overrated anyway... "F" it... Get Eminence. Oh - the Spider blows compared to all other L6's anyway... Sorry.

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Celestion actually makes the VOX brand speaker.

Comment

Prolly...

Comment

Celestion does make the speakers for Vox in some of their amps. But they are somewhat customized for Vox (prolly made to cheaper specs) and do not sound the same as original Vox speakers. A friend of mine has an AD60VT with a Vox "Celestion" in it. He recently bought a 2x12 cab which has 2 Celestion Vintage 30's in it. He put a bypass switch in his AD60VT to switch off the built-in Vox speaker so he can use only the external cab. He says it sounds completely different with the V30's, and much better. I had actually planned to replace the Vox speaker in my AD60VT with a Vintage 30, but...

This is a little bit off topic, but anyway...

I started having problems with my blue series AD60VT. I sent it back to the store for repair/replacement, but they said it can't be fixed. There are no new ones available. It's unfortunate, as I really liked the amp. But, it will be replaced by a Marshall JVM head and cab, so all is cool...
            My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Cant see a VOX out perfoming a Roland Cube amp! Cube 30 is a little
              metal monster for $280
              Try one, you'll be in for a shock. I definitely feel the the Valvetronix line is better sounding than the Cube line.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Yeah Baby. . . . :-D

Guess what? I am the proud owner of a brand spakin new VOX AD30VT XL,just got couple hours ago.
                I traded in my couple month old AD30VT & some other stuff.
                I could already tell a big difference in some of the models, Def has way more gain and they tweaked the midrange too. Seems like there is more grind on the Recto setting (Modern) and the 12" has a better fuller sound.
                I like the dark grey covering and the black grill much better.

Comment

Congrats, ADR!

I love the look of the XL line, and I think there is great potential there.

I actually pulled the trigger on an AD120VTX ("blue series" 2x12 combo) on eBay, and I am loving it. It can do this amazing lush sound that is fantastic. I also love the modeled effects. There are only a few models, but they sound exactly the way I want them to. I love this amp.

Comment

Hey thanx quiksilver, I tried the new "Octave" effect briefly and sounds pretty darn cool for soloing, nice feature. The effects as you know are top notch (they own KORG).
                    Last edited by ADR; 09-01-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                      Congrats, ADR!

I love the look of the XL line, and I think there is great potential there.

I actually pulled the trigger on an AD120VTX ("blue series" 2x12 combo) on eBay, and I am loving it. It can do this amazing lush sound that is fantastic. I also love the modeled effects. There are only a few models, but they sound exactly the way I want them to. I love this amp.
                      If you get the VC12 foot control for your AD120VTX, you will find some very good patches that come with it. There are 96 patches in the foot control which you can load into the amp, one bank of 32 patches at a time. The Petrucci patches are very good. The foot control isn't cheap, but it's really worth it and gives you total control over the amp together with the 96 patches. Unfortunately my AD60VT died and can't be fixed so I am stuck with an orphaned VC12 at the moment, but I plan to buy a ToneLab that works with it sometime soon.
                      My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

just wanted to say guys that I'm in the market for a new amp and i've found this thread on vox particularly helpful...originally i hadn't been open to the XL vox amps, I had only been considering the reg vt's...and I was not aware of the reliability issues either.....good to stay informed I guess....thanks much everyone!...i'll be trying an xl out this week..i'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Comment

Yeah I love my AD120VTX. It sounds great. Just right for the house.

Comment

Working...
                          X