No announcement yet.

OD pedals with hardwire bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't used to pay attention to true bypass or not in the past but now that I do I try to go with true bypass only because of finding volume drops (Electroharmonix for example) and tone sucking with the effect off vs. on. I couldn't stand it! Doesn't matter whether Hendrix, Page or whoever had it or not, I can't get the masters' tone anyway
    My setup sounds better now with true bypass pedals for the most part, still have one Boss pedal on my board, and the whole thing is less noisy. I say go with true bypass and quality buffered pedals and you'll be fine.

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      I didn't used to pay attention to true bypass or not in the past but now that I do I try to go with true bypass only because of finding volume drops (Electroharmonix for example) and tone sucking with the effect off vs. on. I couldn't stand it! Doesn't matter whether Hendrix, Page or whoever had it or not, I can't get the masters' tone anyway
      My setup sounds better now with true bypass pedals for the most part, still have one Boss pedal on my board, and the whole thing is less noisy. I say go with true bypass and quality buffered pedals and you'll be fine.

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      +1 to that. And who can tell if the masters were satisified with their tone or not? We are constantly searching for a better tone, and so could they. but due to technology limitations, maybe they were suffering. but true bypass is one thing I know they wouldn't have suffered as much as we do today. An amp that I previoulsy owned used to sound so much different if I used my boss SD-1 in the front or not.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        Yes you are right. my logic was skewed. I thought I found a passive box with an FX loop , but I cant seem to find that now. But I do have a home-made true bypass setup that my bro built for me. Its not road-worthy though :ROTF:

How about using two AB-Y boxes like this? Still true bypass but taking the effort too far.

That might work if you're really good at tap dancing! lol

Here is a link to a looper box:

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=23

This guy used to do some killer work, but had to quit due to carpal tunnel:

http://loooper.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          That might work if you're really good at tap dancing! lol

Here is a link to a looper box:

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=23

This guy used to do some killer work, but had to quit due to carpal tunnel:

http://loooper.com/
          Yes, that is exactly the one my bro built for me! It contains a direct guitar out or guitar with effects out to the amp. Looks good. Maybe I will get that one just cause its road-worthy.

And in my setup, you have the second A/BY box (one on the right) always depressed and set at Y . Then you have to switch on and off your pre pre-amp effects on /off by selecting the A/B .
          Sam

Comment

Look, either the pedal is good or it isn't. I find it very hard to believe that you'd find some amazing pedal that you just had to have but it wasn't acceptable without sticking it in a looper or A/B box. In my experience the boxes that adversely impact your tone when they're off sound like ass when they're on too.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Look, either the pedal is good or it isn't. I find it very hard to believe that you'd find some amazing pedal that you just had to have but it wasn't acceptable without sticking it in a looper or A/B box. In my experience the boxes that adversely impact your tone when they're off sound like ass when they're on too.
              Tim, I agree 99.9% but there's always the exception. Ever tried a H&K Rotosphere? The thing invades my amp even when it's off, but I love the sound of it. Luckily, I have very little use for it so it sits off to the side with a looper.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                Tim, I agree 99.9% but there's always the exception. Ever tried a H&K Rotosphere? The thing invades my amp even when it's off, but I love the sound of it. Luckily, I have very little use for it so it sits off to the side with a looper.
                I have tried a Rotosphere. I love vibe/rotary tones. I did not love the Rotosphere so it wouldn't be an issue for me.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X