Behringer V-AMP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer V-AMP2

I'm really interested in one of these. I know people say most Behringer stuff has massive bang for your buck ratio, and with patch converters from the Pod to the VAMP has me really interested. How do these work for recording? And how are the amp models? Effects aren't a huge concern as I'll be mainly using this for the amp models, but are they any good? Thanks!

I'd give you mine for free if you lived in Norway, I lost the power adapter so I don't use it anymore.. Got some cool sounds tho, if you wanna hear something digital other than Line6 it's a good choice IMO. Not comparing it to a Vetta of course, but a nice cheaper alternative to the POS lol POD sorry
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I have the V-tone head and 4X12 cab and I like it a lot.Great modeling and very user freindly.Mine has been rock solid no problems at all.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have the V-amp pro which is the rack mount version and I like it a lot. I have had no problems with mine.

Comment

I have the head version as well and think it's easily the best thing in its price range

Comment

I have a V-Ampire LX112 combo which is basically a V-Amp 2. Its great bang for the buck.

Comment

I had the V-Ampire head but sold it after a couple years of use. I have the V-Amp Pro rack unit. I use the V-Amp Pro a lot w/headphones for noodling around or sometimes run it direct into my powered mixer. No problems w/either unit at all. Sound quality and options are more than respectable in my opinion. Hard to beat Behringer's stuff for the price.
              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I had the rack version and soundwise I prefered it to my old pod 2. I hated the cheap pots though.

Comment

I borrowed a V-Amp 2 for a few months from a friend of mine to use with the Jackson I picked up last fall. At the time I didn't have an amp, so I was using it with headphones to practice at home. I really liked it, you can get very good sound out of it, imho. The presets are usable, but it helps to tweak them a bit for your guitar and the amp you will be using (if you will use it with an amp). For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. I think it sounds better than any POD that I've heard. It doesn't have USB, but I believe you can use/program it via MIDI interface (never tried that). The same friend also has a V-Amp Pro, and he likes it too.

The amp models are pretty good. It's not a Vetta killer, but then again you could buy 18 of these for the price of one Vetta head or combo.
                  Last edited by cbope; 04-09-2007, 05:40 AM. Reason: fixed typo
                  My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Thanks all, I'm buying one of these for sure now!

Comment

By the way, for those of that run this to PC for patches and stuff, do you j ust use a Midi to USB cable?

Comment

I have the V-Amp Bass model and I love it. Way cheaper than a single pedal and sounds good to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
                          I had the rack version and soundwise I prefered it to my old pod 2. I hated the cheap pots though.
                          Theres only one pot on my vamp pro, for master volume. The rest are digital things. Its pretty cool cause you can adjust then in the program on the pc and it changes the value on the unit itself, very groovy.

These things sound great for bugger all money, Ive used my pro for years.

Comment

Well, the digital things are crappy as the lone pot!

Comment

I bought this today and love it. I also compared it side by side to a PODXT. Easy choice for me. Plus someone made a patch converter, so I can also use Line 6 patches. anyway you look at it, these are things are great.

Comment

Working...
                              X