Epi Valve Jr Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epi Valve Jr Head

OK, it's $99 bux. Anyone have one? I hear you can crank it and get a decent tube tone for the home.

I had a pair and ran them in stereo. They can sound pretty good. They're louder than you'd think they'd be. They take pedals well. I've been thinking about picking a couple up again.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i was thinking of using one as a power amp for my pod xt.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
        i was thinking of using one as a power amp for my pod xt.
        it doesn't work very well for that. it's not a very clean amp and there is no effects loop for you to plug into to bypass the preamp.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks, I'll probably look into this very soon.

Comment

They need a pedal in front of them. Not bad for the money at all...and if you're a do-it-yourselfer or would like to be, it's a perfect amp to play around with.

Comment

There are also some mods for them. I have a couple i'm trying out right now and see which i want. One was a "fender" mod and the other a "marshall" mod. It sounded decent stock but much better now. The Fender one a standby switch was added.

For 100 bux they are a decent "head" for sure ! The mods are super easy so if you've never done mods before it may be a good chance to try em on a cheap head...
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                There are also some mods for them. I have a couple i'm trying out right now and see which i want. One was a "fender" mod and the other a "marshall" mod. It sounded decent stock but much better now. The Fender one a standby switch was added.

For 100 bux they are a decent "head" for sure ! The mods are super easy so if you've never done mods before it may be a good chance to try em on a cheap head...
                Where do I get the instructions for these mods?
                Thanks

Comment

I have the combo, and its pretty rad.

5 tube watts is loud. IF the room your in is big enough, you could definently jam some rolling stones or CCR with a bass player and drummer.
                  www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    it doesn't work very well for that. it's not a very clean amp and there is no effects loop for you to plug into to bypass the preamp.
                    I just saved a couple of hunderd dollars. Thanks!
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                      Where do I get the instructions for these mods?
                      Thanks
                      www.18watt.com The thread is over 350 pages long.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                        The Fender one a <edit>NFB</edit> switch was added.

You gonna call me bro?

Comment

Stop stalking me dammit
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I've got one that I've modded and it's like a small Marshall Plexi IMO. They're good for the money if you're looking for a small tube amp. I also got a Epiphone Galaxie 10 amp that I like better though. I had to do some mods to it as well but it's a lot more versitile plus I like the single 6L6 versus the single EL84. If you're looking for a combo you might want to check into one of those although I'll tell you right off the bat you'll have to put a bigger transformer in it. If your just thinking of a little tube head then the valve junior is really cool. Like they said above, they suck for modeling units but work really well with pedals!

Comment

It is a $100 amp.

Thats what it sounds like.

Dont kid yourself into thinking you got a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X