No announcement yet.

Epi Valve Jr Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of people who have already refuted that statement.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Sinistas - it is a $100 amp. It's a good $100 amp but it's not some kickass must have thing in any way. It's still a Chinese made Epiphone so the standard "for the money" rule applies. Anyone that thinks they're getting some magic tone machine has never heard a magic tone machine.

BTW, I owned 2 of them for a while and ran in stereo. I may even pick one up again for the fun of it - so I ain't a basher.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

While I agree with what tim has said, they are a good deal. They make greta platforms for a first time mod project, or they are nice for people who can't afford a more Expensive Class A head.

Comment

I was just looking for something to run my pedals through at bedroom levels. I know, I know, solid state, etc. But I'm asking about tubes. I've got a SLO and a Carr, and now I'm kicking around for something clean and cheap to mess around with a few pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
            I was just looking for something to run my pedals through at bedroom levels. I know, I know, solid state, etc. But I'm asking about tubes. I've got a SLO and a Carr, and now I'm kicking around for something clean and cheap to mess around with a few pedals.
            get the valve jr - it will be good for that. but make no mistake, it's plenty loud!
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, I was referring to "Dont kid yourself into thinking you got a good deal.", because a lot of people dig these for what they are.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                I do the same thing. At bedroom volumes it hands pedals great. However because it is Class A Tube, its a loud sucker. Still, it does bedroom levels great. I would get it!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  get the valve jr - it will be good for that. but make no mistake, it's plenty loud!
                  Thanks Tim and CharvelRocker. I should say I live in an old house with plaster walls, so it's only my own ears I'm worried about, heh. I play with my SLO on 3, which is loud enough. I imagine that's what a 5 watt amp will sound like.

After all, 10 watts is like an SLO at 4 or 5.

Comment

Speaking of Epi, anybody try out that "So Cal" head?

Comment

Working...
                    X