JCM 2000 Haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 2000 Haters

i don't get it. i've been using a buddies TSL for band practice and i think it sounds great. if you can't get a good sound out of these there must be something wrong with you.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Try the DSL 401. Tone coffin, unless hooked up to something else with a closed back. Unreliable as hell. That was money pissed away. YMMV. Just my opinion. Tone is subjective. I'm sure I've heard things through DSL's & TSL's that I've liked, but not with me playing through it.

My DSL 50 head was decent, but nothing to write home about. Same with my JCM 900 50 watt head. Part of the problem is I never got to use them in band settings, so I never REALLY opened them up. With that said, my Yamaha T50 killed any Marshall I've ever owned, even at lower volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
      i don't get it. i've been using a buddies TSL for band practice and i think it sounds great. if you can't get a good sound out of these there must be something wrong with you.
      Most of the people dont know that you gotta crank these babies way up for it to sound good. or you gotta use an attenuator. But those attenuators suck tone like a mofo.

Marshall heads have been used in Rock music by everybody and anybody from the time of Jimi up until now. They have to be good to hold such a reputation.
      Sam

Comment

who says they have to be, it doesn't matter who used it. it is like les pauls just because gibson makes them, they have to be good right? doesn't seem likely, nowadays everyone and their mother are getting lemons.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Marshall heads have been used in Rock music by everybody and anybody from the time of Jimi up until now. They have to be good to hold such a reputation.
          Ehhhh... No. Some Marshall models coasted on the great reputation the older ones had. Being good has nothing to do with it when you're dealing with a tradition like Marshall amps - they could put a marshall logo on a dog turd and it would sell. Kinda like Gibsons.

Pete

Comment

spoken as a true master of his arts
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              Most of the people dont know that you gotta crank these babies way up for it to sound good.
              yeah..... most people don't know that..... right..... THats why we have slob-knob and the wailers idiot cranking up every tube box they see at guitar centers.....

Comment

The original stuff, up to the 800's were great. Most everything past that has been skating on the name....

Comment

can I delete my post ?

Comparing Marshall quality to Gibson quality is not right! A korean made epiphone has much better quality than a US made gibson. but is there any korean (or chinese as the case may be) amp that rivals a UK made Marshall? I dont think so!

And yes, there are a lot of kids who dont know how to use their tube amps and complaining "Oh marshalls suck! The one I played at GC did not sound any better than a crate sitting next to it". they dont know sh*t about preamp, poweramp tubes, sh*tty stock tubes, standby and what not!
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                    yeah..... most people don't know that..... right..... THats why we have slob-knob and the wailers idiot cranking up every tube box they see at guitar centers.....
                    I meant in their homes. Most people who try to get THE marshall tone at bedroom volumes...
                    Sam

Comment

Comparing Marshall to Gibson is absolutely correct. They are both companies that have a stellar past and spend more time trying to cash in on that than spend $ on actual innovation. Ever notice that the real high end Gibsons are reissues of past instruments? Ditto for Marshall. They can't innovate anything beyond their past, and when they do, it's never as well recieved as the reissue.

I still need to check out a JVM, but I've heard some trusted sources mention construction issues, so I'm going to wait a bit.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                        Comparing Marshall to Gibson is absolutely correct. They are both companies that have a stellar past and spend more time trying to cash in on that than spend $ on actual innovation. Ever notice that the real high end Gibsons are reissues of past instruments? Ditto for Marshall. They can't innovate anything beyond their past, and when they do, it's never as well recieved as the reissue.

I still need to check out a JVM, but I've heard some trusted sources mention construction issues, so I'm going to wait a bit.

Pete
                        I have too much respect for you to argue with you.
                        Sam

Comment

I guess a way to put it, is you play one and go Oh that sounds good. but then you play, say an Orange and go Now that sounds great. and if I was going to spend the kind of money JCM2000s cost, it better be putting me in sonic nirvana, not just leaving me with the feeling its just another amp.

Comment

Hey, I know guys that LOVE the new Marshall stuff, I'm just waiting to see how well it holds up before I spend my $$$$. The JVM is pretty appealing to me, and guys I know with good ears say it sounds great. I'm just worried how well they are going to hold up to gigging.

Pete

Comment

[quote=emperor_black;905936]I meant in their homes. Most people who try to get THE marshall tone at bedroom volumes...[/quote
                              Hey! Ive been able to turn my DSL 2000 up to 4...and let the Boss
                              hold it at bedroom levels...and its very "marshall" in tone! Of course
                              as of last night...im now the Tone Monster! SS thru 6 celestions and
                              im John Sykes!! (to anyone that will listen... LOL Hello? Anyone?:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X