X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
    WHAT, WE WERE IN GW?
    which issue?
    OK, maybe I fucked that up too..I was feeling VERY good, and I was reading several magazines the other night. GW, Terrorizer..and some other metal mags. I saw WIDOW amoung others, and thoght..wow, that's cool!!!

Now I have to back track and see if I could locate which magazine it was..I thought it was GW..

I'll let ya know when I find it.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• oh, ok. well we're mentioned in the new Metal Maniacs - they ragged the shit outta us cause the girl he was with was ignoring him to hang out with us. hehheh. and i think the album was reviewed in BWBK.
      i want to get in guitar world, but i don't know how.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

• I got rid of my jcm 2000 tsl 100 and I'm happy with doing that
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
          I got rid of my jcm 2000 tsl 100 and I'm happy with doing that
          Same with me Sold it and ended up with a new SLO-100. NO REGRETS whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            oh, ok. well we're mentioned in the new Metal Maniacs - they ragged the shit outta us cause the girl he was with was ignoring him to hang out with us. hehheh. and i think the album was reviewed in BWBK.
            i want to get in guitar world, but i don't know how.
            Dude, do NOT bum my metal broseph! Most Metal critics are muscian wannabees that can neverbees. I'm not saying it's required to be a muscian to critique a band...but to critique pussy it does require to get to third base with a girl...just sayin'.

Since I am defender of all that is true metal with less bias than most. I make up in my overly outspoken spew which amuses me, and other, or piss 'em off . I'm also a pretty good song writer and player..so they tell me.

Therefore, It is my "opinion" that Metal Maniacs is the Teen Beat of metal rags, so I don't read it. Whenever a critic slams a good band they either a) a dedicated lover of another genre of metal..b) a douche..c) you cock blocked him at a show. There's some in both Terrorizer and BW & BK that are on the same page as I am with reviews. Then there is a few..well, there's special people that always mention their favorite hip hop in a metal rag..you've seen it!!

I bought Widow's "Midnight Strikes" when CM Distro picked it up. It's high quality, in the spirit of 80's inspired power metal. I haven't picked up your second one yet..money is tight these days. I have much catching up to do.

BUT, I will make you very happy. WIDOW IS mentioned in the May 2005, Guitar World Article "Metal of honor". My dude Jeff Loomis is pictured at the introduction. The article kicks Nu and Grunge in the nads..HARD!! It proudly praises underground metal virtuocity over spoon fed popularity. Jeff Loomis, Gus G and others elaborate on that topic!! WIDOW is simply mentioned..but don't sell that short!!! WIDOW is in the company of giants, both old and new, in Guitar World!! That alone will make many investigate and music your music. We know this because we've bought metal on the basis on seeing unfamilair bands mentioned amoung our own faves.

OK..I will just type the part your band is mentioned. It's on page 110, towards the end of the article..verbatim.

"FOEVERMORE?

Heavy Metal needs to be noisy, abrasive, and rebellious, but there's no disputing the appeal of a good clean hero. There should be ample room for the bare-chested romantic heroes of power metal to plant their pennants on the heavy music battlefield. Even the loudest, most untamed form of music ever created needs its knights in shining armor. Now in 2004, the titans of power metal are joined by scores of newcomers, including Dragonland, Symphorce, Firewind, WIDOW, Lord Weird, Twisted Tower Dire Slough Feg, Wolf, Paragon, and Powerquest, to name a few."

There you go bro. You were mentioned in great company!!! If your read the 5 page article you will find that you were mentioned amoung the elite, including Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Helloween, Stratovarius, Symphony X..

I don't know about you, but if I saw Bed Of Nails in the same context I would shit! Which would've been OK, since I was on the john anywhoo. Who you going to believe me or that cock..fuggums.

I hope that helped rid of any feelings of negativity some nipplehead threw at you.

BTW I'll try that Vintage Modern Marshall, but for your tone/style either a SLO or VHT would be perfect forget a 5150, Recto or Uber.

If you love the classic look of Marshall on stage..Marshall cabs are timeless, and universal. A nice JCM 800 are tried and true, and will always hold or increase in value.

I KNOW you would smile from ear to ear if you played my Marshall rig. I still do, but it's a rack, which isn't popular these days. Which means good deals on rack gear. Everyone wants heads now, which is beautiful when you find the right one.
            Last edited by horns666; 10-11-2007, 03:55 AM. Reason: I was high
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Well, after reading this entire thread, I hate to admit I like the sounds out of the DSL 100. The rehearsal studio we go to has them and all I bring is a guitar and cable. Not too much tinkering gets really nice tones out of it. But I will admit freely, I am a hack.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                I have a DSL100 and its a great dependable amp.
                +1 I've had mine since 1998 and the only failure was a single tube that was DOA (almost - it gave out after a few weeks). I'm still on the original tubes.

This week I tried it out with an SL2H. I thought it would sound too bright with the JB in there, but it sounded great. I did have the bass boost kicked in however.

I find the DSL100 gets the job done for what I need.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Try the DSL 401. Tone coffin, unless hooked up to something else with a closed back. Unreliable as hell. That was money pissed away. YMMV. Just my opinion. Tone is subjective. I'm sure I've heard things through DSL's & TSL's that I've liked, but not with me playing through it.

My DSL 50 head was decent, but nothing to write home about. Same with my JCM 900 50 watt head. Part of the problem is I never got to use them in band settings, so I never REALLY opened them up. With that said, my Yamaha T50 killed any Marshall I've ever owned, even at lower volumes.
                  ********** Agree with you.. 6 months ago i thought i had a great tone
                  with my DSL-2000 50 watt head ($1160.00) Then i decided to try a VHT
                  2/90/2 stereo rack amp. Shit! Way more headroom... focused diamond
                  tightness, and what seems to be twice the quality in the board/electronics. My tone is twice what it was in the DSL now
                  I sold the DSL 2000 for $700 and was lucky to get that! Some Marshalls sound great...but EVERY Bogner/VHT/Mesa/Rivera sounds great!
                  Crap the EVH 5150 III rivals anything out there now for any amount o' $'s imo. ( of course my amp knowledge is about 6 different makers, and
                  half of them CRATE!) Please ignore this post !! :ROTF:

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    Sorry but I see these Korean made Epiphones all the time and they don't hold a candle to a USA Gibson. Quite frankly, most of the Epiphones I see are complete shit and most of the Gibsons I see are quite nice. There isn't a single Epiphone product that you don't have to tack on "for the money" after saying it's good.
                    Then i must NOT know quality then..because check this out... last week
                    i was at Bizarre, and told Mike to let me try out some jazz boxes..good
                    stuff..ES175.. ES355...ES 335..etc.. Ok...(acoustically, not thru an amp)
                    and they were ok...but not very "Brite" or allot of projection imo... Now
                    granted, maybe plugged in they are the bomb? But guess what had twice the volume, and just was sweeter, and more musical to my old ears?
                    Epiphone Regent for $800!~ The only one that killed the Regent was
                    the Gibson "Le Grand"! But then at $7K...it should! Also my brother inlaw
                    bought a J200 Epiphone Dreadnaught for $250 that has huge tone..massive volume and sounds like a $2800.00 Taylor!
                    Granted, it may be that i dont know shit for good tone? But if i have
                    a slight ear..and know flat lifeless from pretty good sustain and projection,
                    then either the $3100 Gibson USA's should cost $1400.00 or the Epiphone Regent (carved top btw..not laminate!) Should cost $1700.00!
                    :-)) Just my 2 cents... I will have to do it again and play these USA Gibsons thru a Twin Reverb and see if amplified they kill the Regent? But you know what they say about a solid body electric...if
                    its musical and rings with good sustain NOT plugged in, then its just that
                    much better amplified. The Regent is going to be amazing!
                    Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-13-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X