Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all you high end boutique multiple head owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    In the late 80's I ran my ADA MP1 in stereo into those ADA 2x12 Split Stack cabs. As mentioned above, it was nice in a room but live only one cab got mic'd anyway. Nowadays I only need the Bogner Uberschall I do however run two amps once in while when I use the piezo pickup from my EBMM Petrucci guitar. I send a signal to the SWR California Blonde acoustic amp and another to the clean channel on my electric amp. CLean sound sounds absolutely huge that way!

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    I was wondering yesterday if the ADA MP-1 was Stereo? It never
    says so, in ads, or info on the net. Now if i bought a certain Voodoo
    mod ADA, and ran it into my Peavey in stereo...it may be awesome
    that way?

Comment

An MP-1 is awesome anyway dude.. Definitely on my to buy list, if I could only find one
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        im in a trance this afternoon
        playing through Peavey Solid State 110 wt stereo amp, and 3 cabs!
        Man, with the GT-8 its awesome to my ears anyway. I would think
        that an Ubershall on one side, and a Splawn, or Diezel on the other side
        would be twice the sonic orgasm??
        You know you can choose to run two GT-8 amp models at the same time in stereo, right?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          You know you can choose to run two GT-8 amp models at the same time in stereo, right?
          Yep...i havent assigned anything yet...but i know its in there...
          Could be cool sending a sparkling clean to the left, and heavy
          grunge to the right channel?

Comment

Originally posted by tseegert View Post
            sorry to hijack, but how do ya like that EBMM? Been thinking about snagging one of those.
            Freaking awesome! http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=petrucci

I use multiple amps as well. You can get cool sounds going on!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[quote=Robert Burns;906210]
              Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I love mixing amps and cabs. Thats why I use a Vetta and a GT-8[/quote
              But wouldnt "Stereo" be better? 2 Vetta's?

The Vetta is stereo and I can run a different amp and a different cab to each side. The GT-8 runs in stereo with 2 amps at once too!!

Comment

tseegert; the EBMM Petrucci is a really nice guitar. Much thinner neck than a Jackson but it is definetly a high quality guitar. If you get one, definetly get the piezo option. It is a great sounding acoustic and if I could get it on a USA Jackson I certainly would do it.

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

the boutique thing is a tricky slope, it's like any high end product - you ultimately start paying astronomical amounts for minute improvements.

Bottom line- If you're happy with what you currently have and it is working for you, the grass may not be greener on a different street

I've also found that most new gear sounds phenomenal until you get to know it and it's flaws - then you either learn to love them or fixate on them to the point you can't enjoy the gear.

Comment

To add to that,,,new gear also sounds awesome until you test it with a full band,,,especially at a live gig. And unless you are some touring, stadium gigging pro,,,,do you really want to lug 2 or more tube heads to a bar gig? I don't gig anymore,,,but even so, I'll just stick to my Soldano SLO and keep putting money into adding to my guitar collection! Never been one to collect amps........but I'll never stop wanting guitars.

Comment

I'm kind of a gear head with GAS attacks that happen way too often. So I would love to have a gazillion guitars and a half a gazillion amps to dick around with forever and a day. But I'm not rich, I'm no gigging celebrity, and no one is going to enable my crack habit (gear). Hell, after the surgery I recently endured (they cut me from asshole to earlobe) I'm happy to be able to play anything at all, ever.

Soooo, for me and my limited but overkill amount of gear, I am happy with 2 of everything (yeah right. just wait and see what else i end up with). 2 amps, 2 preamps/processors, 2 cabs (both are 2x12) and 2 Jackson guitars. I have some versatility and a backup. There's even 2 sets of drums in my equipment room (it is suppose to be a friggin den but, we/step son and i win, wife loses). Both belong to my step son. One fairly extensive acoustic set and one large Roland electronic set. That doesn't account for the 800 watt powered mixer and the 2 way 15" speakers that go w/it. Nor the home stereo rig. Two of everything for me please. Except I'm looking to break that rule for guitars again. Also looking to add a stand alone mixer/recorder pretty soon. Oh well. I can't behave forever now can I? Gear is crack to me and I wanna keep loading the pipe. I need to win the lotto or something SOON!, or find a good rehab clinic. Whichever comes first.
                      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I'm tempted to sell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                          I'm tempted to sell you something.
                          ^
                          |
                          |
                          |
                          What he said!!! :ROTF:

I owned a something once. Played it for a long time. But I eventually sold the something to get money to buy something else.

Whatcha got for sale?
                          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I'll play one at a time or run them stereo into my cab since its a stereo/mono cab. Running 2 heads stereo kicks ass.

Comment

Working...
                            X