Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCM800 vs. Vetta - Trade or not? (sort of long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebisch View Post
    Wow. They seem to be running from $1000.00 to $1400.00 or so on E-Bay.

EDIT: These at Daddy's are the original Vetta. I'm thinking of a Vetta II.
    Last edited by PowerTube; 04-19-2007, 03:20 PM.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The hardest amp tone for a modeler to reproduce is the straight up Marshall crunch. Especially Line 6.
      The best Marshall I have ever heard in a modeler is coming out of an el-cheapo Behringer LX112 modeling combo.

The Vetta and the Boss GT-8 do a great job on the modded high gain Marshall amps but not the stock JCM800 2203/4 tone.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        So Knoxville GC doesn't carry the Vetta; how about a day trip to Nashville? I'm sure SOMEBODY there would carry them, if not GC. Just a thought if you want to try it first.

Also, the GT-8 into your 2210's effects return might be pretty damn cool. I understand it does the dual amps like the Vetta and word is that's it's much nicer than the POD XTLive. I'm going on Jgcable's and Pete's reviews, haven't tried either myself but I trust their word on it.
        now that i think about it, +1!
        ok, i don't have any first hand experience with the gt8, but as you said, the forum review are quite impressive. the best thing about this way is that you'd be able to keep the marshall.

Comment

I've never seen any Vetta in any GC around here.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            Wow. They seem to be running from $1000.00 to $1400.00 or so on E-Bay.

EDIT: These at Daddy's are the original Vetta. I'm thinking of a Vetta II.
            Why get a II when you can get a I and upgrade it?

Comment

Originally posted by thebisch View Post
              Why get a II when you can get a I and upgrade it?
              So is the original Vetta upgradeable all the way to the current version? And if so, is the upgrade free? Is it done through my PC?

Educate me here.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                So is the original Vetta upgradeable all the way to the current version? And if so, is the upgrade free? Is it done through my PC?

Educate me here.

The Vetta I and II are identical except for the appearance and the digital interface which was added to support the Variax guitars. In at least one way, the I is superior--the lightweight plastic knobs stay where you put them. The heavier knobs on the II are known to move from vibration.

The newest software is 2.5, and upgrading the amp is really easy. All you need is a computer with a MIDI connection (or access to one for about 15 minutes).
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                X