JSX vs Carvin V3 vs Marshall JVM410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    wiring is good. my mesa, vintage fender, marshall, soldano, and riveras all hold up great!!
    With those amps available at home, I think I'd be heavily ignoring the JSXs/V3s/JVMs....
    I have a TriAxis I run through a couple Rivera TBRs and I can get any sound I want out of 'em. Even with 'pointy guitars'!

Maybe a cool amp switching system? Just run 'em all together simultaneously! You won't be able to hear the neighbors complain!!

Comment

I love my V3. I'v been through a ton of amps heads in the past 2 years and this one is hard to beat tone wise and felxibility.

Comment

Nice diamondplate, dude!

Comment

Diamon Plate

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Nice diamondplate, dude!
          haha Thanks! I didn't care for the gray grill it came with.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            you know, you can pull out two of the power tubes (the JSX has 4 right?) and cut the power to 1/2 thus making it a 50 watter. But yeah, you dont need to crank up those Peavey amps to sound best. Eventhough on my 5150 I got GREAT sounds with the volume low, it did start to improve as I started increasing the volume. So, probably there is a BETTER tone out there if you crank up the JSX?
            I've been told by Peavey that you'll lose only about 4db by pulling to the outer tubes. It's not a 100/50 thing as you would imagine.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
              I've been told by Peavey that you'll lose only about 4db by pulling to the outer tubes. It's not a 100/50 thing as you would imagine.

joe...
              That sounds about right. Typically, a 50watt amp is about 93-95% as loud as its 100-watt counterpart but it'll break up a bit earlier if driven.

When I had my old script-logo carvin X100B head, it had a switch for 100%, 50%, and 25%; four 6L6's, two, and one, respectively. The thing was though, it sounded much thicker at 100% even at low volumes with a distortion box inline.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                That sounds about right. Typically, a 50watt amp is about 93-95% as loud as its 100-watt counterpart but it'll break up a bit earlier if driven.

When I had my old script-logo carvin X100B head, it had a switch for 100%, 50%, and 25%; four 6L6's, two, and one, respectively. The thing was though, it sounded much thicker at 100% even at low volumes with a distortion box inline.
                I totally agree. My X100B sounds kinda thin on 25-50%. Jack.

Comment

And the verdict is...

(drumroll, please)

JSX.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    And the verdict is...

(drumroll, please)

JSX.
                    You can't go wrong with any of those 3 amps. I like the JSX myself. But I still gotta get out and play a JVM

Comment

Working...
                    X