Question about new amp head, B-52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new amp head, B-52

So, Ive got a new amp on the way. It was cheap so I couldnt resist. Its a B-52 LG100A. I was checking out the manual online and I have a question about the outputs. It has 2 outputs (its not stereo) but Ive only got a single cab that only has one input. Do I just use one output or do I have to combine the 2 into 1 with a Y adapter or something. Does the amp automatically detect that youre just using one cab and automatically send all the power through the one output? Here is a shot of the manual.

Also, from what it says there I should be able to use one 8 ohm cab, right?

you use one cable, plug it into your cab. one 8ohm cab will work fine.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hmm, I thought it might have been a dumb question, but Ive almost always had combo amps before and any other head that Ive used just had one speaker out put. I just dont want to break it. So, it shouldnt matter which output I use right?
      Last edited by Carbuff; 04-19-2007, 09:11 AM.

Comment

not a dumb question at all. better to be safe then sorry!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Make sure you buy a speaker cable. Guitar cables are not made for amps.

Comment

Interesting, I didnt know that. I think the amp is actually coming with the cable for the cab. I think it was a half stack that the guy separated. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
              Make sure you buy a speaker cable. Guitar cables are not made for amps.
              What's the difference. I think one's shielded right?

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                Interesting, I didnt know that. I think the amp is actually coming with the cable for the cab. I think it was a half stack that the guy separated. Thanks for the tips.

it doesn't, that head sucks nuts by the way. how much did you pay. i hope not full price, at GC they are $199.99
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

No, I paid $100 shipped. Its in "like new" condition. The guy is giving me the cable for the cab. I think he had the whole half stack and head combo but sold the cab separately. As for sucking nuts, its possible, but the reviews I found were not bad. For $100 I figured I couldnt go wrong. I should have it by Wednesday.

Comment

I'm sure for a SS it can't be bad. Especially for $100.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                    X