Peavey amp/cab matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey amp/cab matches

There are a couple of good local deals on some Peavey amps and needed some input. The first is a 6505+ head and XXX cab - for $800! Now, I've read that most people say to match the 5150/6505 to its cab but has anyone tried this combo? The second thing is a 5150 slant cab for $250. I figure I have two choices with that - 1. get the 6505+/XXX combo and the 5150 cab, then sell off the XXX cab. 2. Get a JSX head for it. Has anyone tried a JSX through a 5150 cab? Thanks in advance!

I forgot - my third option is a 5150 combo at GC for $499. I played that today on my lunch, sounded great but I still want to try it with one of my guitars.
    Last edited by jwoods986; 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Just know that my XXX head through a 5150 cab is the best sound I ever got...Been keeping a lookout for a 5150 cab ever since.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Well I answered my own question. I just won a JSX head on ebay today for a great price (I wasn't really expecting to win), now I need a cab. So I emailed the guy with the 5150 cab and while waiting to hear back if he still has it, I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250107166258

Seemed like a good price but there isn't much info about these (Peavey doesn't even make them anymore, anyone know how much these were new?). It should be a good match for the JSX and less cumbersome than a 4x12.

Comment

Ah, cool! Er, OK, you emailed slant cab guy....maybe I'm still interested then.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let me know how this cab sounds with your JSX. I'm using a Marshall 1936 with one of the speakers being a v30,.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I'll let you know, Joe.

Ron - I never heard back from the guy with the 5150 cab, so I assume it's gone. I'm glad I grabbed the XXX 212 cab instead of waiting to hear from him.

I did some searching on the xxx 212 cab and finally found an out-of-date site that has it listed - $400 new, so I got a good deal on that too.

Comment

I play my JSX through a peavey 412JMS, sounds great to me

Comment

does/has anyone run a 6505 into a marshall slant cab[900 lead 1960].i have 2 of these and a 6505 on its way.any opinons good or bad?change the speakers??
                my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

With my old 5150 it sounded the best with the 5150 Cab and a BBE 422a

That's the only way to go
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                  X