Used Vetta at Guitar Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Vetta at Guitar Center

Sorry to start a new thread about this, but it's a bit outside the scope of my other Vetta thread.

I called the local Guitar Center the other night asking about used Line 6 gear. I was told that they have a Vetta II and was quoted $1100.00. So I decided to check it out after work today. When I get there, I instantly see that it's ......TADA!...... an original Vetta. And marked at $1199.00.

Anyway.... I pointed this out to the guy. I also told him that these go for around $700-$800 on E-Bay. He went to speak to a manager, came back and said that $1205.00 out the door was the best they could do. After seeing the original Vettas going for about $550.00 at Daddys.com, I said, "screw it." But then he came back again later and said that "you're right about the price range on this. We researched it, so now we're waiting on (some manager) to call us back." I left my name and number so we'll see.

About the Vetta itself... it has a really nice tone overall. I was playing a DKMG across it, and like most Guitar Center guitars, it had grungy frets and dead strings. Still, I could tell that my Soloists would sound killer across it. Some of the factory presets were really nice. Others made me wonder what in hell they were smoking.

So all in all, the Vetta is nice, Guitar Center still sucks (the salesman was cool, though), and life goes on, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. When (if?) he calls me back, we'll see how reasonable they can get.

I can get an original from Daddys.com for $550.00-ish plus shipping, but this one is in the hand. What's the most you guys would go?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I paid $1050 for mine on the Bay but it came with the long floorboard which retails for $400. so, $700 or so without it?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      I paid $1050 for mine on the Bay but it came with the long floorboard which retails for $400. so, $700 or so without it?
      I don't know yet. I called back and talked to him and he said they still hadn't heard anything. He said that they can't reduce the price by much at the store level (Ron, are you listening and is this true?). $1050.00 with the longboard sounds about average from what I've been seeing.

Comment

GC will never give you a reasonable used Vetta price.
        check eBay.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          GC will never give you a reasonable used Vetta price.
          check eBay.
          That's what I'm thinking. They would rather let it sit there for 10 months at a ridiculous price in the hopes that some gullible kid will come in with his dad.

Comment

If you can get a used Vetta for $500-$550 on Ebay you should jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              If you can get a used Vetta for $500-$550 on Ebay you should jump on it.
              Most of the ones I've seen on E-Bay were around $700-$800. The ones at Daddy's are $549.00 and I might grab one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                He said that they can't reduce the price by much at the store level (Ron, are you listening and is this true?).
                Dude, I haven't worked at GC for several years now. Ask Jacksonfreak (Gil) or Boxcar Willie (Ethan).

But it sounds like BS to me. The Store Mgr should be able to price it how he feels.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Dude, I haven't worked at GC for several years now. Ask Jacksonfreak (Gil) or Boxcar Willie (Ethan).

But it sounds like BS to me. The Store Mgr should be able to price it how he feels.
                  For some reason, I thought you still worked at the Brea store, based on another thread recently.

Sorry....

Comment

Final Update: I got tired of waiting, so I called the guy back at 2:00 today. "Still haven't heard anything." So I said, "Screw this. Tell your manager that if he'll let it go for $700.00, I'll come get it right now." So he called back in about 15 minutes and said yes.

So I got over there. This time, though, it wasn't in the floor anymore. It was now up on top of another amp which led me to notice that one of the bottom corner plates was dented and out of whack. It was an omen. This deal wasn't meant to happen. Nitpicking or not, this was the final straw that told me to walk. And on top of it all, the very idea that I had to talk them down from $1199.00 to $700.00 on an amp that should go for about $600.00 in the first place...

So I rode off into the sunset, never to return. Or at least not on that particular amp.

Me = 1
                    GC = 0

Fuck it. I'll find a used Flextone or Flextone II somewhere. It isn't like the Vetta's overdrive sounds can touch my Marshall anyway. I'm mainly looking for a decent clean and some versatility.

Comment

Fuck it. I'll find a used Flextone or Flextone II somewhere. It isn't like the Vetta's overdrive sounds can touch my Marshall anyway. I'm mainly looking for a decent clean and some versatility.
                      Depends on which marshall you own.

Vetta is so far beyond the flextone I and IIs it isn't even funny, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Pete

Comment

I'm not sure that the amp should sell for $600. I've seen a lot of them go for between seven and ten bills. I know there was one that just sold on ebay for $600, but I think that was a better than average deal...?
                        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

It's too late now, guys. I bought a Flextone II off E-Bay. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                            Depends on which marshall you own.

Vetta is so far beyond the flextone I and IIs it isn't even funny, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Pete
                            I have a JCM800 2210. So.....I'll probably go ahead and snag the Vetta, as well. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

It's too late now, guys. I bought a Flextone II off E-Bay. We'll see how that goes.

There is no comparison between a Flextone II and a Vetta. Its like comparing a Porsche 914 to a Carrera S4

Comment

Working...
                              X