Need a GREAT chair..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a GREAT chair..

Can anyone recommend a GREAT chair for playing in?I spend 80% of my time at home in my studio,either playing,or just listening to tunes,watching a movie,etc. I'm a big guy(300#),and have worn out many a computer chair..Anyone try those rok'n sok chairs?
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Soundseat. Great chair, great customer support.

Tried everything before I found this company.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I was thinking of asking this same question yesterday...

Playing on my couch is not the most comfortable thing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        Soundseat. Great chair, great customer support.

Tried everything before I found this company.
        How does the gas lift hold up?thats one of my biggest complaints,after a short while with my fat ass on them,they just give up,lol!
        www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

I own a Roc-N-Soc chair. It's soft enough, but quite supportive of my boney ass. I've had it around the music room for a little over 2 years now and it shows very little signs of use, much less wear. Only some minor pilling around the extreme top of the rear edge. I didn't fully appreciate it until after my spinal cord surgery this past June. I can honestly say that without it, I would be extremely limited in the amount of time I would be able to sit and play. Like 10-15 minutes without that chair. 2+ years old is hardly a relic or antique. But I have a teenage stepson, 3 large dogs, 3 large cats, frequent company, and <i lost count 'cause my son thinks he's noah trying to repopulate the earth single-handedly> grandkids.

No cylinders under this chair. It's metal construction w/a padded swivel seat. I do not care for cylinders due to their recurrent failure rate. I reserve that aggravation for my computer chairs, which I tend to go through 1.5+/- per year. All due to cylinder failure. I can't blame that on my weight. I lost 20+ pounds during the surgery. I have managed to gain some of it back. I am 6'5" and as of now EASILY under 180 lbs. So...... it ain't the weight.

It's the one and only dedicated guitar chair I've ever owned. I just wanted to chime in on how much I like and depend on mine. If it ever needs to be replaced I WILL buy another.

I have this one in the "tall" version: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ool?sku=451070
          Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM.
          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X