latest pedal build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest pedal build

Just goofing around, still tweaking it...

Basically it's a TS9 tube screamer with some mods that are similar to the Landgraff overdrive but with more tweaks. (The landgraff is a tweezed TS9 anyways, so what the heck.)

It has dual 'channels' so you can set one for a boost into an overdriven amp, and then set the other one for overdrive on a clean channel, or both overdrives with different levels of gain/etc, or two boosts. They are not independent, it only has one circuit in there. However, I'm tweaking one to be a little brighter and better as a boost, other one is optimized for gain, but either can be used for boost or overdrive.

Pete

Very interesting; Morgan Moller's version, (MMFX), designed his like a boost for an overdriven amp. He called it the 'Tube Killer'. It sounds wonderful through a nice amp.

Your design should have TGP crew chomping at the bit. If you could incorporate how MJM succeded with the clarity minus the hump with his 'Blues Devil' with a toggle, you could have the grail 808 on your bench.

I always enjoy reading about your builds. I am looking forward to some clips.

Comment

Cool! +1 on clips! Let us know if you have a Schematic to share and Bill of Materials...Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X