Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 choices...

1. The Marshall JVM head + Multi-Effects Processor + Midi Control Pedal
    Pros: I loved the sound of the head, and its flexability. I dont like using 7 pedal on my pedal board and want an all in one Multi-Effects like the G-major unit. Simple to put together, got the pedals and other heads as backup
    Cons: Gonna COST me my retirement

2. The G-system
    Pros: Will work best with the rig I already have. All the FX (plus my own) I need. I like my sound right now but not its flexablity. The G-system would give me flexablity, in Amp selection and FX controls. Maybe the cheapest option since I have everything else.
    Cons: Gonna COST me my retirement . It goes down, my backup will take too long to set up on stage. Complex as hell

3. The Marshall 6100 30th anniversary Head+ Multi-Effects Processor + Midi Control Pedal
    Pros: same as the JVM and G-major option with the Marshall 6100 in the JVM's place. I loved its sound when I played it a while ago.
    Cons: The amp is used, even in mint condition, after 15 years on the market is it worh the investment not for its resale but future functionality reliablity.

I cant decide!!!!!!!!!
    I cant DECIDE!!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

...and what are you using now?

Comment

The G-System was cool and sure was appealing. It has a fantastic list of features, most of the effects are good (a couple are almost great), and it is reasonably flexible. It is almost the ideal grab and go solution. Why almost? Because it fucks with your fundamental guitar tone. If you can compensate for that or live with it then it is a fantastic piece - I really liked using it. But after a while I couldn't stand the fact that my rig sounds better without it.

The G-Major colors your tone too but not as bad as the G-System which was very surprising to me.

If I were you I would take a serious look at Rocktron. You can get a MIDIMate foot controller on Ebay for $125 (or less) and an Intellifex for $150-200 or an Expression new for under $300. I personally like the Rocktron stuff much better than a G-Major.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I recently picked up a midimate, awesome controller and very easy to use.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          ...and what are you using now?
          Wah, Rack BBE, Rack Hush, A/B switch, Boss Overdrive, Boss Acoustic Pedal, Boss Chorus, Dunlop classic wah, into a Marshall SLX (dirty) and Peavey XXL (Clean)

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            The G-System was cool and sure was appealing. It has a fantastic list of features, most of the effects are good (a couple are almost great), and it is reasonably flexible. It is almost the ideal grab and go solution. Why almost? Because it fucks with your fundamental guitar tone. If you can compensate for that or live with it then it is a fantastic piece - I really liked using it. But after a while I couldn't stand the fact that my rig sounds better without it.

The G-Major colors your tone too but not as bad as the G-System which was very surprising to me.

If I were you I would take a serious look at Rocktron. You can get a MIDIMate foot controller on Ebay for $125 (or less) and an Intellifex for $150-200 or an Expression new for under $300. I personally like the Rocktron stuff much better than a G-Major.
            yea, the g-system seems to much of a gamble.

Hmmmm, Midi Mate looks cool.

Comment

btw, if you want a nice compact switcher for your stomp boxes so you can control them via MIDI and rack them, check this out:

Providing guitarists with industry leading support and trusted; buffers, MIDI footcontrollers, amp controllers, and effect pedal loop switchers since 1998.

I have a few other products from Axess - their stuff is kick ass!
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I know, i was looking for the HS2 Head Switcher they dont make anymore. Now THAT I could use. Its got to be cheaper than Custom Audio Electronics verse

Comment

What do you intend on doing with all this gear?

Comment

using it guess, im not sure yet

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
                      using it guess, im not sure yet

The reason I am asking is this.. I have gotten into 5 page discussions regarding multi-amp set ups and expensive switching systems with JCF'rs only to find out that they only play at home at low volumes.

If you are a gigging musician and you play large enough clubs to warrant multi-amp rigs and ultra expensive processors and channel switching systems my suggestion would be to buy the best.. most roadworthy equipment designed for the rigors of live use.

I don't know how dependable the Marshall JVM is yet. Its too new and I have never heard one live.

I would suggest dumping the SLX and the XXL and getting a Soldano SLO100 and a TC G-System along with a Bad Horsie 2 Contour wah, get a high quality amp switcher and use it along with a Boss AC-2 to route your acoustic tone directly to the board.
                      For cabinets.. you can't go wrong with Marshall 1960's. Vin 30's work great with the Soldano. So do T75's.

Comment

Working...
                      X