Rocktron Rack Multi Effects Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Rack Multi Effects Processors

I would like to know what are the difference between all the Rocktron Rack Multi Effects Processors out there, how do they compared one to the other and what are the pros and cons of them. Chameleon, Iteliflex, X-Pression… Info on the Preamps will be great too, but I’m more interested on the multi effect processors.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Xpression is their latest. Similar to an Intellifex. A Chameleon is a preamp with multi-effects built in. Some people swear by the old made in the USA original Intellifex units but, I think the Xpression sounds just as good (I have 2).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I have a Chameleon that I've been using since '97. It has a bunch of effects that sound very good once they're dialed in. However, there are so many adjustments that you can make during all stages of processing, that it can make your head spin if you jump in without reading up on it first. Also, the FX chains can only be in certain predetermined sequences. However, I've never had any problems making them work just fine for me.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

My rack (Voodu Valve->Intellipitch->20/20) hasn't been getting much use since I got a Vetta, but I'm not rushing to sell it either. The Intellipitch is the most full featured of the Intellifex family. Combine that with a Replifex/preamp combo or one of the older Rocktron Voodu/Chameleon preamps and you can conquer the world.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I have a G.A.P.1 unit and have no idea exactly what it is info is non existant.I have a mAXE unit as well and have used it as a distortion type thing and it sounded great.both units sound great thru the FX loop or thru the output after the pre amp.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have an old Intellifex and a Replifex. Both sound great but I find that the Replifex has more guitar based effects. Plus the Replifex also has a midi switchable stereo jack on the back for switching channels/reverb on non-midi amps.

Comment

Working...
            X