Carvin amp q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin amp q.

OK I have had no problems with my X100B head so far. I did hook up the power brake today and set the amp on 100 watts, cranked the drive and lead channel and all seemed OK until I cranked the vol around 8.I got a muffled type sound.The amp,cab and pbrake are all on 8 ohms what is going on here?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Attenuators do cut out some high end and affect the tone. The more you attenuate the signal the greater that effect will be. If you're cranking the amp full tilt and running at bedroom volume then it'll affect the tone A LOT.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The louder you turn your amp up the higher you will have to turn up the attenuator. This increases the size of the "blanket" that is covering your speakers. Attenuators work the best when used in moderation.
      If you want kick ass high gain tone at reasonable volumes with an X100B you have 2 choices.
      1. Use a distortion pedal in front of the clean channel
      2. Use a good overdrive pedal in front of the distortion channel.

Comment

I know my X100B doesn`t have alot of distortion and either hit the clean channel with a distortion pedal or hit the distortion channel with the distortion pedal for more of a scooped tone. My MTS head blows my X100B away in the distortion department. I just wish my MTS had the Graphic EQ built in like my X100B does My X100B is a 1988 with EL34`s, but before the Hot Rod mod that came right after it. Jack.

Comment

The power brake manual says to use at least 100w but could the attenuater work on the lower wattage settings as well or will it do any damage?
          I used the attenuater with no probs on my JG3 Jackson 100w head and there was no muffled sounds at all. It had me wondering if something may be out of whack when pushing the X100B
          Last edited by straycat; 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X