• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 gurus, gather 'round.....

This means you, Chris Olson and Pete.

Everyone try to help me out here, okay?

The situation:

I got the Flextone II I bought from E-Bay today. I LOVE this amp.

Over the weekend, I bought a Floor POD PLus. I've been running it across the Marshall with iffy results.

So what I want to to is pick up another cheap Flextone II and run them both at the same time at 45 degree angles in the room, sort of a simulated stereo, if you will. Let that sink in for a second. I'll wait.

I can dial them both in exactly the same and save each sound as a preset. Obviously, I can't control them both with a single footswitch (or can I?), BUT....if I can get the Floor POD tweaked just right, I can set the Flextones to clean and flat and run the Floor POD into them. I know how redundant (and maybe retarded) that sounds, but that's my goal.

So in short, I want to run two Flextones at the same time and the same amp settings (each dialed in and saved manually).

Now what would make me REALLY happy is to find a way for a single Floorboard to control both amps, maybe with a splitter or something if such a thing even exists. Does it? If it does, then the Floor POD Plus goes back to GC.

Thoughts?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I will respond even though I know nothing about Line 6 products and have never commented or started a thread regarding Line 6. On top of that... I don't use Line 6 products at home, in the studio, at rehearsal.. or live.

With that said.. you can't use a single floorboard with 2 Flextones.
    On top of that... my suggestion would be to return the Flextone and the Floor Pod and get yourself a Vetta and a longboard because that is exactly what you are trying to build.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I will respond even though I know nothing about Line 6 products and have never commented or started a thread regarding Line 6. On top of that... I don't use Line 6 products at home, in the studio, at rehearsal.. or live.

With that said.. you can't use a single floorboard with 2 Flextones.
      On top of that... my suggestion would be to return the Flextone and the Floor Pod and get yourself a Vetta and a longboard because that is exactly what you are trying to build.
      that's it
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

What John said. I know you stated you didn't dig the Vetta you checked out, but you'd be surprised how deep the tweaking is... and it would be a lot easier to get one of those than to try to make some frankenstein's monster of line6 gear to do the same. Plus you'd probably spend about the same amount of $!

Pete

Comment

<cough> Vetta </cough>
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

If you love the Flextone II and you tried a Vetta but didn't like it.. my guess is that the Vetta was set up wrong.

Comment

Um, guys..... thanks for your input, but here's the thing. Sure, the Vetta has the "two amps at once" feature, but both are still coming from the same speakers. I want to basically fill the room with sound from two different angles.

Yes, I know the Vetta is nice, but I still like the simplicity and sound of the early Flextone.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                Um, guys..... thanks for your input, but here's the thing. Sure, the Vetta has the "two amps at once" feature, but both are still coming from the same speakers. I want to basically fill the room with sound from two different angles.

Yes, I know the Vetta is nice, but I still like the simplicity and sound of the early Flextone.
                The 2 amps at once can be routed to either the left or right speaker (s) or any type of blend you want. You can also have a different cabinet model on the left and right side.

Here is the ultimate set up for EXACTLY what you are looking to achieve.
                Listen and take notes!!

Vetta Combo upgraded to Version 2.5 software
                2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet loaded with quality speakers
                Line 6 FBV Longboard

Done. This will give you EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Comment

The 2 amps at once can be routed to either the left or right speaker (s) or any type of blend you want. You can also have a different cabinet model on the left and right side.

Here is the ultimate set up for EXACTLY what you are looking to achieve.
                  Listen and take notes!!

Vetta Combo upgraded to Version 2.5 software
                  2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet loaded with quality speakers
                  Line 6 FBV Longboard

Done. This will give you EXACTLY what you are looking for.
                  Yeah, that would do it but it sure sounds expensive.

Comment

PT - Here's what I did a while back...

Get a good SS stereo poweramp, get 2 cabs (I used Marshall 1936 2x12's), and run your POD into that. You can probably get another cab for the same price as another Flextone.

Here's how it worked:

My old set-up: Guitar >> POD Pro >> Alesis RA-100 poweramp >> 2 - 2x12 Marshall 1936 cabs.

My current: Guitar >> Floor POD Plus >> Alesis RA-100 >> B-52 AT412B (in stereo) This setup *almost* sounds as good as the first one, but not quite. I also don't have as much room anymore, so what do you do??

You can get as much spread with that as you want with 2 cabs. The Floor POD runs in stereo, so if you have cabs in opposite corners, the effects with some of the more "spacial" delays and such will be IMMENSE!

YMMV, but that's what I would do, and you won't have to have a bunch of amps sitting all over. If it's for home use, a SS poeramp will be just fine, but if you need tubes, get something like a Peavey Classic 50/50 or something along those lines.

Comment

If you love the Flextone II and you tried a Vetta but didn't like it.. my guess is that the Vetta was set up wrong.
                      Here's the thing and, yes, this might sound bizarre, but I'm totally in love with the Modern Hi-Gain sound from a POD 2.0 or the earlier Flextone. I assume that exact sound is in the Vetta? I'll assume it is, but I'm also looking at the expense and the availability. I can order one from Musician's Friend online, but that's at the new price. There's always E-Bay, I guess.

I fired up this Flextone II I got in today and literally played for a couple of hours once I had that sound dialed in and saved. It's similar to a Randy Rhoads/Boston rhythm sound with warm, wailing leads. It's hard to describe in words.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        PT - Here's what I did a while back...

Get a good SS stereo poweramp, get 2 cabs (I used Marshall 1936 2x12's), and run your POD into that. You can probably get another cab for the same price as another Flextone.

Here's how it worked:

My old set-up: Guitar >> POD Pro >> Alesis RA-100 poweramp >> 2 - 2x12 Marshall 1936 cabs.

My current: Guitar >> Floor POD Plus >> Alesis RA-100 >> B-52 AT412B (in stereo) This setup *almost* sounds as good as the first one, but not quite. I also don't have as much room anymore, so what do you do??

You can get as much spread with that as you want with 2 cabs. The Floor POD runs in stereo, so if you have cabs in opposite corners, the effects with some of the more "spacial" delays and such will be IMMENSE!

YMMV, but that's what I would do, and you won't have to have a bunch of amps sitting all over. If it's for home use, a SS poeramp will be just fine, but if you need tubes, get something like a Peavey Classic 50/50 or something along those lines.
                        Thanks a ton, Chris, but I would probably just go the Vetta route before doing all that.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                          Here's the thing and, yes, this might sound bizarre, but I'm totally in love with the Modern Hi-Gain sound from a POD 2.0 or the earlier Flextone. I assume that exact sound is in the Vetta?
                          To my ears, the "Modern High Gain" tone is different on the newer models compared to the older models. But that question is VERY subjective. I would NOT call it an exact sound though.

Another idea for you -- pick up the Flextone II HD, sell your combo, and get another cab. Again - HUGE seperation! I also had that at one point. As a matter of fact, I just got rid of an HD. They've got more than enough power to handle multiple cabs, and also run in stereo.

Comment

BTW - I share your love of the older Flextone sounds over the newer stuff.

Comment

Ummm.... k..

Comment

Working...
                              X