• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    Now it'll be two 4x12's in stereo.

...big, BIG, BIG!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      ...big, BIG, BIG!!!
      Yessirree Bubba! I'll be a legend in my guitar room!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yessirree Bubba! I'll be a legend in my guitar room!

I'm with you there. My Rocktron Replitone MP Preamp arrived while I was home for lunch - at least I got to open it! Sounds like it will be reaining this afternoon -- guess what I'll be doing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          I'm with you there. My Rocktron Replitone MP Preamp arrived while I was home for lunch - at least I got to open it! Sounds like it will be reaining this afternoon -- guess what I'll be doing!!!
          No doubt. I actually skipped a workout last week when the Flextone came in from the 'Bay.

Comment

• While we've got all the Line 6 experts here, what's the general opinion of the Flextone IIIs?
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
              While we've got all the Line 6 experts here, what's the general opinion of the Flextone IIIs?
              I personally don't like them. I can see the improvements in the clean tones over the earlier models, but I think they totally hosed the overdrive models in the process.

Comment

• The Flex III is alright, but that's about it. Not the best they've done.

Comment

I personally don't like them. I can see the improvements in the clean tones over the earlier models, but I think they totally hosed the overdrive models in the process.
                  I've read similar comments, but I also remember reading a post where someone said Line6 changed the cab sims for the high-gain models on the III and that's the problem. I believe it's possible to switch them back, maybe a Line6 owner can drop in here...

I almost bought a used II off a friend of mine. But after he looked at the cost of a Vetta as a replacement, he changed his mind. Seems that the I and II's have a slightly better rep for tone than the III, but again it could be the cab sims.
                  My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

• Originally posted by cbope View Post
                    I've read similar comments, but I also remember reading a post where someone said Line6 changed the cab sims for the high-gain models on the III and that's the problem. I believe it's possible to switch them back, maybe a Line6 owner can drop in here...
                    You can use any cab sim you like any time you want. I know that every time they do a firmware upgrade, cab sims almost always get tweaked to a certain extent.

The Flex III just didn't have "it" in comparison to the earlier amps IMHO. Supposedly better construction, better speakers, etc., but it didn't really matter.

Comment

• I owned a FIIIXL for a few years and I liked it alot but I never owned or heard a II so I can't compare it. The high gain amps were ok. I really only used one or two of the high gain models because those were the ones that sounded the best. The clean ch. amps are awesome. It was very user friendly. If you want to change cabs all you have to do is push down on the amp select dial and it brings up the cabs. I replaced it with a Vetta combo that is fully Upgraded to a VII with the VDI card in it now. The big reason for the change in amps for me was that I have a Variax and the FIIIXL does not have a VDI card. I bought a PODXTL and thought that it would do it for me but I ended up selling both and getting the Vetta.

Comment

• Interesting. So it sounds like the III has better cleans but the II had better high gain channels? Is the II pretty much a POD 2.0 in an amp form? Because I had a POD with the pedalboard and loved some of the tones I had, but could never get them to come through an amp sounding the same. So I sold it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                          Is the II pretty much a POD 2.0 in an amp form?
                          To my ears, yes. I always thought that the earlier POD and Flextones sounded exactly alike. I might also add that the new Floor POD Plus, which allegedly has the POD 2.0 models, does NOT sound like the originals to me.

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                          Because I had a POD with the pedalboard and loved some of the tones I had, but could never get them to come through an amp sounding the same. So I sold it.
                          I had a similar experience with the POD across my Marshall halfstack. It took a lot of tweaking but I finally got it. The trick was to set the POD to "Direct" and NOT "Amp," as everyone says, then set for a 1x8 cab emulation. No kidding.
                          Last edited by PowerTube; 05-03-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• I'm about to pull the trigger on a Vetta combo (upgraded to 2.5) and would need the longboard for it. I see FBV and FBX longboards on the bay, is there any difference? It looks like they have the same buttons/pedals but I can't read what's written by each button, which could be the difference.

Comment

• Nevermind. I checked the line6 site and they just changed the name for copyright reasons, no functional differences.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                The 2 amps at once can be routed to either the left or right speaker (s) or any type of blend you want. You can also have a different cabinet model on the left and right side.

Here is the ultimate set up for EXACTLY what you are looking to achieve.
                                Listen and take notes!!

Vetta Combo upgraded to Version 2.5 software
                                2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet loaded with quality speakers
                                Line 6 FBV Longboard

Done. This will give you EXACTLY what you are looking for.
                                This is exactly the setup I'm going to have soon! The Vetta combo and longboard I won on ebay are supposed to ship tomorrow and my XXX 2x12 cab hasn't sold yet, so I was thinking of hooking it up to the Vetta for stereo effect. Unfortunately, once I do that, I probably won't want to sell the cab

Comment

Working...
                                X