Fulltone OCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone OCD

Tried one today and thought it sounded damn nice I was playing thru a Marshall vintage modern 1/2 stack what are your opinions on the OCD.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Freaking love it

I've actually had two - the first version and now the second updated version. I can't remeber what he changed, I think it was some resistor values. The pedal just sounds like more of what your amp will do instead of coloring the tone. Also, first box I've ever used that you can roll off the guitar volume and it reacts just like you're plugged straight in. That pedal and a good clean based amp is a great recipe for a psuedo channel switcher.

Steve E

Comment

I've played both versions of the OCD... a cheaper alternative that sounds VERY good to my ear is the 'BSIAB' or Brown Sound in a Box pedal. It's VH in a box, but can get more radical tones too. It also cleans up well with a volume control like the OCD... here's a clip a guy did into a clean channel of a Bogner with one:

You can build it from a kit or every now and then find one for sale. I bought mine for MUCH less than an OCD, and will probably build a kit and mod it to have two different gain and volume levels that are footswitchable. The OCD is very nice, but damn the BSIAB kicks ass.

Pete

Comment

Just some additional info on the OCD. I read that recently a third version of the OCD was released. I have version 2 myself and occassionally use it with some amps but with the Bogner Uberschall I don't really use it all. I did use it a bit with my Mesa Dual Rect just to add "more" to it
        Never tried versions 1 or 3.

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          I've played both versions of the OCD... a cheaper alternative that sounds VERY good to my ear is the 'BSIAB' or Brown Sound in a Box pedal. It's VH in a box, but can get more radical tones too. It also cleans up well with a volume control like the OCD... here's a clip a guy did into a clean channel of a Bogner with one:

You can build it from a kit or every now and then find one for sale. I bought mine for MUCH less than an OCD, and will probably build a kit and mod it to have two different gain and volume levels that are footswitchable. The OCD is very nice, but damn the BSIAB kicks ass.

Pete
          Pete -

Is that from that "Build your own Clone" effects company ?? They do some cool stuff (or let you do some cool stuff)

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
            Pete -

Is that from that "Build your own Clone" effects company ?? They do some cool stuff (or let you do some cool stuff)

Steve E
            Nope, it's generalguitargadgets.com I think... same concept though. The guy who built it developed it on the net with other pedal geeks... I've heard that there are some commerically available distortion boxes that rip it off and sell for $300 plus. It uses jfets, which act a lot like tubes. It cleans up well with the volume knob too... very neat pedal.

Pete

Comment

Well I got the OCD and its really a great pedal and works well with my Carvin X100B.Nice smooth overdrive on the clean channel.Great tone on the drive boost too.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X