recording help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording help...

I just can't figure this out. My old PC crapped out so I had to get a new one. I bought a Dell.
    On my old PC I was running Sonar 4 and having no problems. My sound card was a Soundblaster Audigy 2. For recording guitar scratch tracks to bring to our main studio I would just plug into the line in on the sound card.
    I had to configure the sound setting so it was what you hear is what you get. This enabled the sound on sound. No latency.. it was great. I didn't have to adjust anything.
    On my new Dell (with onboard audio) I can't get it to work. When I get the sound to come out it is very much delayed. So much so.. that I know it isn't a latency problem. Its more of an audio problem. I am getting line level in but I can't get any line level out. I tried all of the audio configs and I just can't figure it out. I even tried the basic Windows sound recorder and I plugged my GT-8 directly into the microphone in jack on my PC and it doesn't pick up anything.
    What the heck??

onboard audio sucks.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You could see whether the ASIO4ALL drivers might work with your on board audio, but your best bet will be to get an external USB or Firewire interface.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        onboard audio sucks.

Hey Tim, there are a few extra alots on this new PC. Would I be able to throw my Soundblaster Audigy 2 card in it? If so.. do I have to disable the onboard audio?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

That's nuts, I run onboard audio on my HP Tower and it works great. Could it be a setting in sonar, or does it do it any any app?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            That's nuts, I run onboard audio on my HP Tower and it works great. Could it be a setting in sonar, or does it do it any any app?

It does it with any app. It sounds like a simple audio settings issue but I can't figure it out. I have been using Cakewalk for years now.

Comment

I'm using Sonar 6 and it hates my on-board audio.
              Disable the on-board shit and install the Audigy card. The Audigy is on the list of supported sound cards for Sonar.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                I'm using Sonar 6 and it hates my on-board audio.
                Disable the on-board shit and install the Audigy card. The Audigy is on the list of supported sound cards for Sonar.

Any ideas on how to disable the onboard audio on my Dell. Its a Dimension E520 running Vista basic. Its brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Any ideas on how to disable the onboard audio on my Dell. Its a Dimension E520 running Vista basic. Its brand new.
                  I'm not sure how to do it in vista but in XP it's
                  >Control Panel
                  >System
                  >Hardware tab
                  >Device Mgr
                  >Sound, video
                  (device) Whatever the name of your sound device
                  Select "Do not use this device" at the bottom of the window

Comment

Yeah man... go into your BIOS and disable it. You should see a F2 or F10 or something like that(when you first turn on your computer) to go into the BIOS and disable that POS onboard audio.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Hey Tim, there are a few extra alots on this new PC. Would I be able to throw my Soundblaster Audigy 2 card in it? If so.. do I have to disable the onboard audio?

Thanks in advance.
                      Yes, you have to disable the onboard audio if you plan to use the audigy card.
                      Boot up, go into bios and disable onboard audio first, save and exit bios and let it go ahead and go into windows and from there power down.

Install audigy card, after installation, boot up and let it go into windows.
                      Windows will detect new device, and from here just follow along as windows will prompt you each time, have manufactures cd ready to go to install driver/s for the card.
                      Not hard to do at all, its very straight forward and extremely easy to do.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

John, if you're going to change your sound card, check out M-audio audiophile 2496, they are dirty cheap and much better than soundblasters.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                          Actually, I have a Dell GX260 and had a similar problem. I also have the very same card.. imagine that. A SB Audigy 2 w/ a firewire port loaded in the slots. I'm pretty sure I disabled the onboard audio, once I uploaded the drivers for the SB all the sound was being handled by the SB console.

I also have the Motu Firewire 2408 MK2 card loaded in but I rarely am using that right now.
                          Last edited by charvelguy; 04-28-2007, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Update.. disabled the onboard audio... installed my Audigy 2 card and all is good with the world. Thanks guys!

Comment

Good to know.
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                              X