Yet Another Line6 Topic - Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Line6 Topic - Need Advice

My current setup is a rack deal. I have a Prophesy II going into to MB 2:50. From there I have options. I have two 2x12 cabs. Both have a pair of 8 ohm speakers. Both cabs wired for mono/stereo operation.

Speakers are very different in one cab for a reason. It is set up w/Eminence Modeling speakers. That is for the other head/system I use to have which was an all solid state modeler. The Modeling speakers don't color the sound much so they're great for that.. Not so much (but not horrible) for an all tube deal. A tad shrill there.

I plan on getting a SS power amp soon. Nothing over the top. From 100-150 watts per side @8ohms. I'd LOVE to be able to just fork up for a Vetta II instead. But it's not in the budget unless I trip over a deal.

I would like to know opinions on the PODxt Live from those with more than light experience with them. How much of the Vetta is in there to be had? Is it worth the price? I figure if it's worth a damn it will do fine in front of the all SS setup. BUT, how would in do in front of the MB 2:50? MB's are generally not kind to modelers of any sort. Though the Prophesy II gets along well with it-Better at higher volumes.

Goal is to have the MB setup intact and have a separate SS setup again. I usually have both anyway. Moved some stuff out last year so it's about time to replace it. Nice to have SS to noodle around on and spare the tubes. Also comes in handy for practices w/other guitarists. Even better, when your kid's guitar playing friends come over for practices. "Stop drooling! Here. Play w/this and leave that ALONE. Quit looking at it."

So, I'm looking hard at the PODxt Live. Just wondering how those who use it like it, don't like it? Strengths/Weaknesses? Not looking for a fanboy or a hatred review. Just the facts and experienced opinions.
    Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 04-29-2007, 05:18 PM.
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

The Vetta and the XT Live are very different.
    The closest floor controlled modeller to the Vetta is the Boss GT-8.

Comment

Working...
    X