All Vetta Users!!!! A Must Read!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Vetta Users!!!! A Must Read!!

I still love my Vetta HD running version 2.5. It is completely upgraded to Vetta 2 specs including the VDI.
    I use it with a combination of stereo cabinets.
    Randall 2 x 12's, Peavey 5150's and Marshall 1966B's. It depends on the venue or my mood. All the cabinets sound great.
    I also have the FBV Longboard which is a must.

I use this amp for rehearsal, for recording and for gigging.
    Its an amazing amp and is easily still the best piece of musical gear I have ever purchased.

Vetta users UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider me yet again, united
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

John....Ya know.....you are REALLY makin it hard on me not to just go into debt right now or sell my engl and pick one up

MOSH ON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

here's one for $700

Comment

they are just such great amplifiers. especially if you need to cop multiple tones with multiple effects live. I still need to get a closed back cab to go with my combo.

it does every tone you can imagine with authority and more balls than you'll ever need.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Count me in! I'll be a Vetta HD head owner as of tomorrow (hopefully), running two 4x12 cabs in stereo. I can't wait!
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

After adding the Marshall V30 cab to my Vetta Combo, I don't think I can ever go back to playing in mono again. Does it nail that one tone I'm chasing perfectly? No. But it comes as close as any other amp I've played and has a million more tricks in it. VIVA LA VETTA!

Comment

So now that we have all the Vetta people in one place...

Has anybody taken a good look at this yet?
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

There's a Vetta HD for $500 on Craigslist here. I'm ready to rip my face off.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Hello my name is Mike I'm a new VettaII addict. hah This is like an AA meeting.

Well I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and am still dialing in patches. I'm surprised at how much different each guitar sounds and reacts with it. I never noticed this before just playing with a GT-6 thru studio monitors.

So I got alot of tweaking to do with my 8 guitars with various pickups and woods, etc. I have to take breaks and actually just sit and play rather then turn knobs for hours, lol.

So am I correct in assuming you can just get just 1 ,2X12 cab and then get the stereo set up having the main combo itself as either the left or right.
                    or do you actually have to get 2 cabs and run them out and then the combo speakers arent used? yeah I'm an amp noob ,havent had a real one in over 5years.

Comment

While we're on this subject, remember me raving about how much I love the Modern Hi-Gain sound on the older Flextone and POD? Well, while I had the used Vetta from Guitar Center, I found a very nice recipe for that.

It is:

Channel 1: Line 6 Modern Hi-Gain, which is the Soldano X88R preamp)
                      Channel 2: Soldano SLO 100

One is on Fender 1x8 cab emulation
                      One is on Gibson 1x6 cab emulation

You guys with Vettas should try this sometime. I didn't save my patches because I'm confident that I can dial them in again.

I also took the "Bohemian Rhapsody" factory patch and modded it to a user setting. It's two flavors of Class A (I *think* Line 6 Class A and the Vox AC-30 patch). Anyway, I replaced one of the Class A patches with Mississippi Criminal (Peavey 5150) and got very close to Brian May's tone on the We Will Rock You solo.

Hey.....maybe we need to start a Vetta patch-swapping thread!

Comment

I'm all for sharing patches.

This is a very aggressive ,in your face, heavy distortion I came up with for some Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God stuff I like to play.
                        For now it works for me but some of you might think it sounds like ass or needs some further tweaking. If so, by all means go for it.

all these numbers represent the knobs in clock position- 12'o Clock. etc

Global eq- reverb 12, Low eq- 5 ( max) , high 12

loudness = on , presence = on, wide mode = off

Line6 Big bottom- drive=1, bass=5, mid= 10, treb= 2, pres= 11, vol= 2

Line6 Lunatic - drive=12, bass=3, mid= 2.5, treb= 2, pres= 2, vol= 3

graphic eq- everything on 12 o clock

noise gate- -69db , 51 ms release

Reverb- Bingo Hall mix= 10, decaytime= 11, pre delay=7, tone=2

Cabs- one mixed left, one mixed right- Big Bottom = 4x12 Treadplate
                        Lunatic= 4x12 Line 6

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                          Hello my name is Mike I'm a new VettaII addict. hah This is like an AA meeting.

Well I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and am still dialing in patches. I'm surprised at how much different each guitar sounds and reacts with it. I never noticed this before just playing with a GT-6 thru studio monitors.

So I got alot of tweaking to do with my 8 guitars with various pickups and woods, etc. I have to take breaks and actually just sit and play rather then turn knobs for hours, lol.

So am I correct in assuming you can just get just 1 ,2X12 cab and then get the stereo set up having the main combo itself as either the left or right.
                          or do you actually have to get 2 cabs and run them out and then the combo speakers arent used? yeah I'm an amp noob ,havent had a real one in over 5years.
                          Yes. you can get just 1 cab and add it to your combo and run in spread wide stereo.

Comment

Once I get my sounds dialed in on the new HD head, I'll host the .STX files on my FTP site and link them here. In the weekend I had the used Vetta I combo, I probably saved about 12 patches or so with names like:

Crazy Train (Modern Hi-Gain/small cab emulation)
                            We Will Rock You (a variation of the Bohemian Rhapsody patch)
                            Sparkling (JC-120 Clean with Line 6 Clean and Reverb)
                            James Brown (a variation of Freaky Whammster)
                            Eddie Unchained (Peavey 5150 x 2 plus slow, heavy flanger)
                            Run Like Hell (a variation of Run Pink Run, but less "clunky")
                            Dry ("Crazy Train" with no delay or reverb)
                            Shredder SLO (Soldano SLO with Line 6 Modern Hi-Gain plus delay/compression)
                            AC/DC Crunch (Brit Hi-Gain with ??????)

Once I dial these and more into the new head, I'll definitely upload them here.

Comment

I.ve been converted to a Vetta owner as of recent. But I have been a fan for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X