Stacked stereo vs. side-by-side (Vetta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I never tried it like that but I would guess that it wouldn't sound much different then just running stereo cabinets but having both amp models panned in the middle.
    That's what I was thinking. I suspect that a better way is, like you suggested, running straight stereo. Although....I'll probably experiment with running maybe.....

Left cab - 75% Amp One, 25% Amp Two
    Right cab - 75% Amp Two, 25% Amp One

....or some variations thereof.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
      JG,

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding here......I totally see what you mean about two cabs vs. stereo within a single cab. BUT....what I'm asking about is running two cabs with stacked stereo in each. They would still be spread out but each cab would have both amps.

Have you ever tried it like that?
      yeah I think that would dilute your wide stereo effect.

course you can try anything once you have all the stuff.

of course, you realize this is all going to waste if you're not playing out?

this is an insane bedroom rig.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        of course, you realize this is all going to waste if you're not playing out?
        Oh no, it's not! When I'm sitting there absorbed and taken away by THE guitar sounds, it'll be worth it.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          That's what I was thinking. I suspect that a better way is, like you suggested, running straight stereo. Although....I'll probably experiment with running maybe.....

Left cab - 75% Amp One, 25% Amp Two
          Right cab - 75% Amp Two, 25% Amp One

....or some variations thereof.

I very rarely have my amps 50% on each side. Also.. keep in mind.. the double tracker can spread your signal out even more. Its an adjustable timing between the attack and decay of both amp models.
          You can make 2 cabinets that are 2' from each other sound like they are 12' away.

Comment

I run a 5150 model out of the combo and a Uber model out to my Marshall V30 4x12. Running stacked stereo ends up sounding very strange. It turns into 4 amp sounds and I just didn't like it. This way I can customize each amp model to the speakers it is running out to.

Comment

Working...
            X