Vetta II HD - PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta II HD - PROBLEM

I just got the Vetta II HD head in today. I power it on and the screen is totally blank and the Amp Model display has bars about halfway across.

Anybody?

Line 6 support phone message says "we're in a meeting." That sucks.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

ewww.. does it have a diagnostic mode? Sounds like it is baked or you may need to reload the system software.
    I should probably stay out of this one..consulting someone who has had the problem..or a line 6 tech is probably the way to go.

I think I recall reading about something like this happening on here tho.

Comment

Ahab (...I mean Powertube), this vetta-thing is turning into your white whale...I hope that everything works-out for you...

Good luck bro!

Comment

Just called American Musical Supply. The Replacement goes on the truck tomorrow for overnight delivery.

Comment

Well...that is good news at least! One thing i kind of got a vibe on...
          while reading the Line 6 forums... way too many posts about trouble
          with the electronics. On the Boss site, its about 10 times less...
          "Cant get any sound out of my left side"... "funny loud popping sound
          whenever i change presets...etc"... But, in the upper end HD 147 and
          Vetta's there are only 1 or 2 such posts.

Comment

Just a thought, did someone play the nasty on you by turning the viewing angle to max or contrast of the display to 0?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              Just a thought, did someone play the nasty on you by turning the viewing angle to max or contrast of the display to 0?
              It's late and I'm tired. Quick way to look at this?

EDIT: Never mind. The buttons don't light up, either. UPS probably just played football with it, like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                UPS probably just played football with it, like usual.
                Oh, NOW you mention them!

Those fuggers are probably at the bottom of a lot of gear probs, heh.

I boycott them BTW, in case you didn't know
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Oh, NOW you mention them!

Those fuggers are probably at the bottom of a lot of gear probs, heh.

I boycott them BTW, in case you didn't know
                  I also boycott them personally, but if that's what the seller ships with..... I would seriously rather use anyone other than them.

Comment

They're all about the same in the UK. Crap. I'm usually lucky enough to find what I want at my local retailer and it costs £5 in a taxi. If I'm going long distance, I avoid buying big or heavy items. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Good thing you still have that trusty Flextone!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post

Good thing you still have that trusty Flextone!
                        Yeah, and I've also decided to keep it. I absolutely fell in love with the Vetta when I had that combo from GC last weekend, but I decided I would rather have the head version. By the way, my Vetta 4x12 came in from the 'Bay yesterday, as well.

I just want one that works!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                          I just got the Vetta II HD head in today. I power it on and the screen is totally blank and the Amp Model display has bars about halfway across.

Anybody?
                          Common issue... the Tube Emulator needs to be rebiased... Or one of the simulated tubes is bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                            Common issue... the Tube Emulator needs to be rebiased... Or one of the simulated tubes is bad...
                            I pulled eight of the 12 emulated tubes so I could run it at 100 watts instead of 300 to make it break up earlier. But then I switched from emulated EL34's to emulated 6L6GC's. Did I just forget to re-bias?

Comment

If it's anything like the Vetta floorboard I received which had a similar problem (no display), I opened it up and found the connector had popped off the display board. Line 6 seems to use some sort of "gunk" to secure the ribbon connector - this eventually dries up or breaks and it can slide off in transit. Was an easy fix in the end.
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X