No announcement yet.

Vetta II HD - PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a safe shipment, definitely not much is immune to the UPS "package handlers of destruction local 401". Had a Marshall head trashed once that was packed like a nuclear reactor.

And I have to say as well, I haven't heard much of these things blowing up either. I just have to understand things (high end electrical misc) all eventually fail and these will be hard for anyone but factory to fix, if they're still even supporting them at that time. That's all. Just like any of a million common electrical doodads in our live these days...

So far, most of the (main) parts of my rig can probably be fixed by the HAM operator guy up the street it seems...

Anyways, enjoy playing with it this weekend, sounds like fun to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      I gigged for well over a year with my Vetta, no road case, rode in car trunks and played outdoor shows even. Never had a single problem.

Pete
      +1

had mine for almost a year, same transport mode to gigs and rehearsals, zero problems.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It's encouraging to hear you guys talk about the reliability of the Vetta. Mine won't be gigging so hopefully it'll last for years.

Sadly, I may have to send it back. Why? Because I can already see that I'm not going to be getting a minute's sleep with this thing in the house! Seriously, I was up until almost 3:00 playing with it last night.

So far I've dialed up the following patches:

Crazy Train
        Modern Hi-Gain 1
        Smokin'
        70's Sci-Fi
        Sparkling
        Sparkling 2
        Run Like Hell
        AC/DC Crunch

And many more to come. Once I have a decent collection, I'll host them and put a link here.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

hmmm.. Line6's severs are down? or just the website? Hmm, thats interesting.

Comment

As quality control, maybe amp manufactures should ship their amps via UPS and see if they still work.
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              hmmm.. Line6's severs are down? or just the website? Hmm, thats interesting.
              Yeah, I noticed that earlier. I was going to see what program I use for saving patches? Do you guys know? I hope it's not Line 6 Edit because it won't run on my computer for some reason.

Comment

Line 6 edit? it just may be. I was downloading some new software. Monkey couldn't connect or update. It seems anything with Line 6 in its url isn't getting connected. Toneport, XP, guitarport, vetta, doesn't matter. Sonoma is still up tho, must be seperate servers. I thought it might be the wireless since that was new..but it connects fine to everything else.
                Last edited by charvelguy; 05-08-2007, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  I hope it's not Line 6 Edit
                  that's it.

what do you mean it won't run for you?

did you dl Line6 Monkey also? that grabs the right drivers and connects your amp to the software. don't ask me why the fuck they have it so convoluted. all I know is it's cool to edit your patches/amp settings on your pc and it's all saved to the Vetta as you wish. if you're into that kind of thing...

Comment

and Line 6 is probably just adding another hundred servers to handle all their download and support stuff they've got going. I noticed they were down today also.

Comment

before I even knew about the line 6 edits, I used to use gearbox. check that out. It does everything that the edit does. you can save patches on your comp too.
                      Sam

Comment

I'm thinking that Edit crashed because the Vetta wasn't connected at the time. You would think that the application would at least come up and run, though.

Comment

Their site is back up now.. give it a try.

Comment

I'm thinking that Edit crashed because the Vetta wasn't connected at the time. You would think that the application would at least come up and run, though.
                            by "connected" do you mean connected via USB cable to the computer or to the internet? Line 6 edit needs a device to be connected via USB before it will even open. I just checked. however, it did exit gracefully and did not crash. I am sure I have opened and used the software even if I am not connected to the internet.
                            Sam

Comment

Update: The new head came in today and I ran home at lunch to get it secured inside once the UPS website said "Delivered." It WORKS! I put it across both 4x12's. It's going to sound incredible. I didn't have time to do any serious tweaking, but I set the output for Stereo and went to the Run Pink Run factory patch to test the stereo effect. Un-freaking-believable!
                              ********** And they laughed at all my Stereo praise!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                by "connected" do you mean connected via USB cable to the computer or to the internet? Line 6 edit needs a device to be connected via USB before it will even open. I just checked. however, it did exit gracefully and did not crash. I am sure I have opened and used the software even if I am not connected to the internet.
                                Thanks. That should be the answer. I didn't have the MIDI connector attached because i just wanted to explore the program. I'll try it again tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X