Digital multitrack recorder question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital multitrack recorder question.

What do you guys use to record quick scratch tracks when you aren't in front of your PC?

I need a no frills multitrack recorder that will give me 4 tracks. Built in effects and even modeling would be a plus.
    The smaller the better too. Since I got my new Dell computer I now realize that it won't cut it using Cakewalk. Even with the new sound card installed and working perfectly.. tons of latency and generally horrible choppy performance.
    I need a stand alone multitrack recorder to put down quick ideas to bring to the studio to show my bandmates.
    Thanks!

The other guitarist in my band has this lil Boss (I think) unit. Its the size of a cell phone, and has 4 track capability. It also has an integrated mastering "room", effects, ... I'll stop there, as I'm not quite sure of the rest. I will however, find out for you, as it is a very nice little unit. ...

That didnt even sound right at all.

He has however, gotten some very nice recordings of his acoustic/harmony ideas out of it.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I had a Korg PXR4 and tossed it for the Boss Micro BR. The Korg was good unit but it wasn't easy to manipulate. The Boss unit is very easy to use and works great as a scratch pad. The tones are on par with the rest of Boss line although stripped down a little.

The other nice thing is you can record an mp3 directly, something the Korg could not do. You can also bounce your tracks down to mp3 directly.

If your a fan of Boss products you wouldn't be disappointed.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

BOSS has achieved legendary status among guitarists by offering a diverse, world-leading product lineup that includes compact effects processors, multi-effects processors, digital recorders, rhythm machines, metronomes, tuners, and more.

Exactly the unit I was thinking of Jack.

Costs around $250, but it seems super-versatile, and exactly what you said you needed JG.
        www.myspace.com/madeaband
        www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Akai DPS-12.... ok it ain't small, and mine doesn't have built in effects, but it's easy to use for quick 'n' dirty recording & sounds very good.

Comment

Working...
          X