No announcement yet.

favorite KT88 or 6550 tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man, think I'm going to try a pair on one side of the RT50 with the Ruby EL34Bs. Regular 6L6GC's don't have as much thump as the EL34Bs, which really surprises me. I bet the KT88s put the Ruby's back in their place.

Pete

Comment

Depends... Ya never know...

Comment

I've got EH KT88s in my Engl and am really happy with em. I replaced the stock Engl 6550s with them.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Pete, if you want something with a little more whomp to it than the EL34, try the KT77. It's basically a beefed up EL34 with more low end.

As far as KT88s, I sometimes use a Svetlana in my Univavle.
          KT77`s or even more bottom end and head room try the EH 6CA7`s and I think one other company makes a 6CA7 also. You do loose a bunch of the EL34 mids though. They get you more into 6L6 land than EL34 ville Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
            I've got EH KT88s in my Engl and am really happy with em. I replaced the stock Engl 6550s with them.
            I take it you have a Savage 120. I'm going to have to try that in mine.

Comment

I have used the GT kt88 but they are just repackaged Svets i believe. Anyway. They sounded great in the SLO but I eventually went back to 5881's. I have to run the amp pretty loud to get the 5881's to sound really good. The KT88's were to loud. I only ran them as a 50w head. i may have some still around but I am not sure if they are all good or not. i know I burned a few up or close to it. Do you want them Pete? PM me your addy and they are yours. Some might be good....

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                I have used the GT kt88 but they are just repackaged Svets i believe. Anyway. They sounded great in the SLO but I eventually went back to 5881's. I have to run the amp pretty loud to get the 5881's to sound really good. The KT88's were to loud. I only ran them as a 50w head. i may have some still around but I am not sure if they are all good or not. i know I burned a few up or close to it. Do you want them Pete? PM me your addy and they are yours. Some might be good....
                That would be awesome man, PMing you now. Thanks!

Pete

Comment

you are welcome!

Comment

I really dig the EH kt88s in my Deliverance

Comment

I think I want to get one of those.

Comment

I hear a banjo somewhere...

Comment

try svet's vs. jj's
                          Widow - "We have songs"