Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Uberschall Land

WEll I did it

based on what you guys and others have said, I bit the bullet and bought an Uberschall, It hasn't arrived yet, but I think it will make a nice addition with the Powerball!

I plan on running both together!

Is there any HUGE noticable advantage using the Bogner cab over anything else?

Thanks guys!

Chris

Congrats Chris and happy tweaking..even tho the layout looks pretty simple..it covers alot of sonic ground..the EQ section really interact with each other..it took me some time to dail in the tone I LOVE at band levels..but once you do..ther's nothing like it!!

Bill Z
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The one thing about the Uber that many people complain about is the clean channel. The key to getting a good sound out of the clean channel is to turn all the knobs on that channel all the way up. I know it sounds strange but it works. After I tried it, I got a crystal clear booming tone.

The Uber simply kicks ass!!
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I'm not a clean sound kinda guy..but I think the clean channel on the Uber sounds great!

I use that channel as a bass amp..it works just peachy!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

coolness. I really like mine, I think you'll be digging it in 3.798378562346 seconds. Go here for some tone settings, and dont forget to add your own!

Comment

Where's the best place to buy new Ubers? I seriously gotta check one out again.

Comment

Chris, congrats on the Uberschall. You are going to love it!
              Eric_kv2, most dealers are within $50 or so of each other pricewise on the Uberschall. I bought mine from Washington Music Center while visiting there a bout a year ago and they had it in stock. Wild West Music also carries them. I have no affiliation with either of them. Also, www.bogneramplification.com has a list of dealers on their website.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well Mr Uber arrived!

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST it's fucking brutal, even more burtal than my Herbert and definatly more brutal than my Powerball, the Uber and Powerball together will be a slick combo, together they are an Evil match!

I can't wait to fire both up through my 2 6x12 rigs!

Insane!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                  Well Mr Uber arrived!

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST it's fucking brutal, even more burtal than my Herbert and definatly more brutal than my Powerball, the Uber and Powerball together will be a slick combo, together they are an Evil match!

I can't wait to fire both up through my 2 6x12 rigs!

Insane!

Chris
                  You may go back in time! Your messing around with powers larger than
                  mere mortals can contain! (hey its early...im rambling....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                    WEll I did it

Is there any HUGE noticable advantage using the Bogner cab over anything else?

Chris

Hey Chris,
                    I dont have a Bogner Head anymore, but, when I purchased my Bogner half stack a few years ago, not long after the Uber came out, the dealer that sold me mine said that the Uber cab was designed to resonate at a frequency to match with the Uber head. As he told me, they were designed to be used together.

~kevin
                    My gear can be seen here

http://www.myspace.com/kevinspeace

or here ....
                    http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/kevinspeace/

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post
                      coolness. I really like mine, I think you'll be digging it in 3.798378562346 seconds. Go here for some tone settings, and dont forget to add your own!

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settin...-settings.html
                      As a side note, 3.798etc. is the result of dividing 10 by 2.6327.
                      Slow day at work today...

Comment

I was blown away by how much better my Bogner cab sounded than my Marshall 1960B, with all my amps. They are great cabs!!!

Comment

Right now I have two cabs

I have a boogie oversized recto cab, and I have a splawn cab. the Splawn is the same dimensions of the Uberkab apparently and it has the same speaker setup in an X pattern. The splawn sounds VERY good with the Uber, much better than the Boogie cab, maybe I'll try the bogner cab that goes with it anyhow, I really wish bogner made a matching 2x12 though, I like using the 2x12+4x12 combo, ah well.

Anyhow, the Amp is more than I ever expected, it really shines with my band!
                          it's a pure monster!

Chris

Comment

Is there a difference between older and newer revision blue ubers? I played an older one twice at a local music store and hated it, but I decided to go back when they got a new one in and am glad I did. The 2007 uber that I played blew every amp out of the water there. It sounded tight enough to me and tracked every note I played just fine. I wouldn't say its as tight as my engl but it sounded more REAL than the engl if that makes sense. I was able to get Opeth style cleans and got great distortion tones on the high gain channel. Its definitely not a one trick pony. The gas pains hurt so bad.

p.s. Do any of you post on the bogner forum?

Comment

Awesome..I spent the entire weekend tweaking my Uber and discovered something new after nearly 5 years of owning it..

Scoop the mids however you wish..the EQ section is extremely interactive..more than any amp I ever owned or tried.

The Low end is the key..it is more of a low mid boost and cut..I used to always have mine boosted, which is nice because it doesn't "flub" even at maximum levels. The Uber is a very flubless amp!

I dump the presence/mid and cut the lows and crank the highs..I dial in just enough Low so that it doesn't sound so "scooped"..I keep the low around 9:00 to 10:00 O' clock and find it much more defined and responds better to pinch harms in general..which is important to me.

I still keep the gain completely maxed..I find it absolutely perfect playing the stuff I do.. which is in Nevermore / Arch Enemy territory..I can cut back the gain 10 50% and still play fine but it's much more sedate..OK, if you're into more of an 80's style which I'm not..I have a Marshall for that.

I'm really happy with the Tung Sols 12ax7s in the Uber which remedied that midrange "honk" I got with the EL34's at very high volume levels..if you find yourself in the same postion..this works.

BTW..ALWAYS dial in YOUR "tone" over a drummer/band..it doesn't count unless your playing loud enough over a drummer. No matter what you dial in by yourself..you WILL be changing it over a drummer..this goes for any amp really.

my experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X