No announcement yet.

In Uberschall Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Uber land I play mine through a Mesa standard size 4x12 cab but I evenyually want to get the Ubercab.

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I would love to do an Uber vs SLO100 shootout.

Comment

Two completly different amps.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        I would love to do an Uber vs SLO100 shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
          Two completly different amps.
          I wonder which one would cut through the best?

I have never heard an Ubershall live but I gotta think that an SLO100 would give it a run for its money.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            I wonder which one would cut through the best?

I have never heard an Ubershall live but I gotta think that an SLO100 would give it a run for its money.
            Not for modern "metal" tones..not even close.

If you want more "cut" from a Uber..do want I explained above..back off the lows and crank it..

Even with the lows backed off..it still sounds like a bass amp when compared to my Marshall double stack w/ BBE 422 right next to it...I run just one 4 12" cab with the Bogner.

I played quite a few SLOs and owned a HR100 and 60..nice, but like Siggy said two complete different amps.

If you dig a 80's tone, ala Classic VH/Scorpions/..SLO.

If your into much heavier tones such as Nevermore/Arch Enemy..Uberschall.

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I just play 80's stuff through the Uber, a compromise if you will But seriously, the way I play tends to sound thin I guess. So using an Uber is perfect for me doing 80's stuff as it doesn't really sound too overdone on the bass side. I think the Uber just makes up for whatever it is I'm missing in my tone technique wise or something.

Rudy
              www.wickedrocks.com
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well here is the rig as it sits.

I've got no other effects than a rack wah and a whammy pedal that I want to use presently *trem and eq are not needed*
                I want to get another Eventide and a Gforce again, maybe even the new eventide timefacotr delay.

anyhow here it is

disregard the rats nest on top of the rack!

This rig sounds brilliant! I've got another cab and I plan on running both heads! Pure Brutal onslought!

Chris
                Cursed Path

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                  Well here is the rig as it sits.

I've got no other effects than a rack wah and a whammy pedal that I want to use presently *trem and eq are not needed*
                  I want to get another Eventide and a Gforce again, maybe even the new eventide timefacotr delay.

anyhow here it is

disregard the rats nest on top of the rack!

This rig sounds brilliant! I've got another cab and I plan on running both heads! Pure Brutal onslought!

Chris
                  Cursed Path
                  Wow, very cool..I'd love to fuck around with you (not sexually)..that's looks like a very interesting rig..your EQ settings on the dirty channel is similair to mine..I dump the mids more..and it looks like you are cutting the dbs on the lows..I just started to do that, which made my tone more defined with more "cut" ..it still has plenty of girth.

No pedals or stomps for me tho..I run mine with a G Major..for delays/boost for lead..the noise gate is killer, tuner..I just starting fucking with the parametric eq section..

I still need a good switcher..I'll get one eventually.

Uberschalls..are the most "brutal" sounding amps in the world..I think!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bro!
                    I might be comin out to the Cleve to check out the Alrosa Ville to pay my respects on my way to Texas this summer! Maybe we could get together and fuck around, sexually or not! hahahahaha

Chris

Comment

Chris, lets' do that!!!

Gimme a heads up if your coming my way!

That would be cool!

Bill Z

We can make a fuggin' day of it..I got alot "toys" and music I can burn ya..we can burn other shit too if ya want.

Comment

Working...
                      X