Try my Vetta patches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try my Vetta patches!

This is my first time ever saving patches from the Vetta. I used the freeware MIDI-OX program as recommended by Line 6. Anyway, if some of you Vetta owners wouldn't mind to try these out, I would appreciate it. Please let me know what you think.

Notes: I'm running an HD head with two 4x12 cabs. Global Controls are....Low 12:00, High 12:00, Reverb around 1:00.

Right click and Save As....

Randy Rhoads
    This is my take on Randy's tone from Ozzy's first studio album. Tight, compressed distortion and fully saturated, but with clarity.

Shredder SLO
    My take on the Modern Hi-Gain sound with a bit more delay added for "wail" effect.

Brian May
    Brian's sound on We Will Rock You. Not perfect, but I think it's closer than the factory Bohemian Rhapsody patch (which still isn't saying much).

Black Sabbath
    My take on Tony's sound from the Paranoid album. Dark, bassy, and with plenty of grit.

Tube Drive
    My take on the classic overdriven tube amp sound. Fully saturated and warm, with a slight bit of fuzz around the edges. So far, this is the most "natural" type of sound I've dialed in.

If one or more of you would try these out, I would appreciate it. Criticism is welcome! You might also note that the channel volume is set pretty low on these. I don't blast it at home.

Thanks!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

sorry if this is a dumb question, but will they also work on the toneport?

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

sully
      I have no idea. They're standard MIDI sysex files if that helps. I'm still really new to the MIDI thing, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

sully
        Sully,

I believe that they wont. I believe that you can import toneport/POD patches to the vetta though line6 edit. But, you cannot go backwards because the patches on the vetta have so much more pre/post effects, dual amp paths, doubling and a hell of a lot more.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Bump.

Anyone ever get a chance to try these?

Comment

nate, I've downloaded some tones from the cutomtone.com website recommended for a higher-end device to use on a lower end one. (for example xtl to pod 2.0) and the thing is that your software (in my case the gearbox) downgrades some of the amps because "that" particular amp is not available. but it did work with whatever models are on my line6 device. I have not tried to download a vetta patch though.
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X