No announcement yet.

Any Guitar Rig or Amplitube users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Guitar Rig or Amplitube users here?

Don't really know if this board is really into the whole computer emulation thing ...... But I think it's great.

I started using it as an alternative to my POD Pro for recording. It has grown on me a lot. I have since sold my POD (still have and original POD 2.0 though), and my combo and now use it at home as my main rig for jamming.

I run my guitar through a firepod, into a macbook pro, out through the firepod and into a set of active m-audio studio monitor. In my opinion it sounds great, and the volume helps a lot in our townhouse. The versatility is just amazing. And you can simulate / run 2 amps at once, something only the Vetta and GT-8 can do.

So any one like to share they're thoughts.

If we have enough users, maybe we can share patches / presets.

I took some screen shots for those who have never seen it before. The user interface for both are very intuitive. A lot easier to operate that multi effects pedals.

Comment

That 2nd tube from the left looks like it needs to be replaced! :-))
      But that is cool! Is the EVH simil very good sounding?

Comment

I have AmpliTude. It was installed on another hard drive. I have not set it up on this system yet.
        (which reminds me that I have yet to do that!)
        The 'disk' is nothing more than a few PDF/notepad as to instruct you to your install. There is no program on the disk they send you!

The COA and challenge code is verified through emails.

This version of AmpliTude (the original) was pretty pricey when it came out about 4 years ago. 400.00. It got mixed reviews as some issues with compatbility arose with some peoples systems. I was a little reluctant to install on this system aftr reading about the stability issues but I'm going to give it a try. A lot of people were disappointed in this version due the cost vs performance factor.
        I got this from a MGR that had it as a returned layaway. Looks like a GC pricetag.
        So..I think it cost me about 30-40. I have all the codes..I just remember it was more of a pain in the keister to setup than the Line 6 stuff.

I just recently purchased a Line 6 Gold package and installed that when they had their 100.00 off 'instant rebate'. I'll be delving into that more.. I just loaded that last week along with the toneport. Theres a ton of amp modelers in that including ones for the XT and Vetta.
        Last edited by charvelguy; 05-14-2007, 06:58 AM.

Comment

How many ms is the delay from the input signal, or does it come with a special soundcard?

Comment

To whom are you referring the question too? Line 6 has no latency with their hardware to software according to their stats 'but', unless you rig up the line out or RCA outputs from your hardware device to whatever soundcard you use, you have to use headphones.

Comment

I should say.. directing the question to..

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post

Don't really know if this board is really into the whole computer emulation thing ...... But I think it's great.

I started using it as an alternative to my POD Pro for recording. It has grown on me a lot. I have since sold my POD (still have and original POD 2.0 though), and my combo and now use it at home as my main rig for jamming.

I run my guitar through a firepod, into a macbook pro, out through the firepod and into a set of active m-audio studio monitor. In my opinion it sounds great, and the volume helps a lot in our townhouse. The versatility is just amazing. And you can simulate / run 2 amps at once, something only the Vetta and GT-8 can do.

So any one like to share they're thoughts.

If we have enough users, maybe we can share patches / presets.

I did the same thing. Ditched the pod... but I got a guitar port enstead. I started using it with guitar rig and amplitube but I still can't get any believable distortion sounds out of either program. I think the guitar port with the metal shop amps (ie, line 6 throttle) sound the most realistic to me.

The clean sounds w/verb/chorus effects on guitar rig & amplitube sound a lot better than the guitar port's. But I haven't bought the other model packs for guitar port yet there may be something more comparable in there.

Comment

Not to mention, I'm finding IK Multimedia customer service and tech support to be a quagmire of cloak n dagger run you around in a circle BS.

Try calling them and speaking to a real live human being.. nope. Leave name and number after the tone.. we'll call YOU when its convenient for US.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                    To whom are you referring the question too? Line 6 has no latency with their hardware to software according to their stats 'but', unless you rig up the line out or RCA outputs from your hardware device to whatever soundcard you use, you have to use headphones.
                    Both i guess, but Guitar Rig is the only one i knew until now. I'm guessing you need a special (or pro) soundcard to get no delay.

Comment

You'll need an external mixer, preamp or plug in port with my version of Amplitude, which is version 1.
                      I think the Guitar rig has a hardware interface like the Line 6 stuff.
                      With Guitarport, you can plug into your motherboard integrated soundcard if you rig it up to have RCA outs -> 1/8 plugin to get audio through your system. Otherwise, you use headphones. Not much different for the UXB and Toneport...just requires some cord juggling.

In fact, if you use an external ASIO like M-audio firewire or USB, you wil get latency plugging your guitar into that. Line 6 hardware is designed to use with their software plugging headphones into their supplied device so you have zero or minumal latency audio transfer.
                      The stats are on their site somewhere.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 05-14-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        That 2nd tube from the left looks like it needs to be replaced! :-))
                        But that is cool! Is the EVH simil very good sounding?
                        Some are decent, and some are . Requires a lot of tweaking.

I have eruption nail dead on in amplitube.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                          How many ms is the delay from the input signal, or does it come with a special soundcard?
                          Guitar Rig comes with a pedal/soundcard .... they call rig kontrol.

Amplitube comes with a usb interface called stealthplug.

Not worth the money IMO. The are both crappy interfaces. I only have the software editions for both.

Your better spending your money on a high quality firewire interface, like a mbox, firepod, m-audio ...... etc.

The delay ..... or latency is about 2 or 3 ms using my firepod with coreaudio drivers. Can't really notice a difference during software monitoring, if there is any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                            Both i guess, but Guitar Rig is the only one i knew until now. I'm guessing you need a special (or pro) soundcard to get no delay.
                            Any decent sound card that supports asio should do. I got had 8ms latency in on my PC using a 4 year old sound blaster. Very playable.

But your better off with professional soundcard with a preamp, some thing that can take the impedency of the guitar.

A entry level external interface / soundcard is <$200 and should get the job done. The cheapest one I can think of is the M-audio fast track. Less than $100 but it's pretty limited and crap, but gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
                              I did the same thing. Ditched the pod... but I got a guitar port enstead. I started using it with guitar rig and amplitube but I still can't get any believable distortion sounds out of either program. I think the guitar port with the metal shop amps (ie, line 6 throttle) sound the most realistic to me.

The clean sounds w/verb/chorus effects on guitar rig & amplitube sound a lot better than the guitar port's. But I haven't bought the other model packs for guitar port yet there may be something more comparable in there.
                              Ya I agree. The POD XT with the metal pack has some sick high gain amps. I really like the powerball and uberschall. But I don't play that heavy any more, and I find Guitar Rig / Amplitube way more versitile.

The Dual Rec and JCM in Guitar Rig don't have nearly enough gain and low end. I find that by putting the sansamp or metalzone infront of it helps a lot.

Thr Amplitube, a though still not as high gain as the pod xt .... sounds a lot more natural to me. Aleast recorded wise. It's also pretty cool, how you can virtually change the tubes and stuff.

I do think they need to add more amps though ..... Pod has like what 40? Guitar Rig 2 only comes with 8 Having said that, you can do a lot more with a single in uitar rig / amplitube that in the control.

Comment

Working...
                              X