Effects/Switching Systems/Amp Channel Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects/Switching Systems/Amp Channel Switching

So, I love the Roadster now. But, I am quickly finding that I am now doing the pedal dance. I was curious what people use for midi switching systems and midi amp channel switching.

So basically, my setup is like this.

Guitar -> Overdrive -> Amp (Loop :: G-Major -> Rane PEQ-15) -> Out

My biggest problem is that I am using a overdrive pedal infront of the amp and when I switch to a clean channel, I would like that to turn off at the same time. I would like to be able to select a midi channel and be able to disable/bypass the overdrive, select a patch on the G-Major and also switch the amp channel. What is usually envolved in a setup like this?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

I use a GCX and Ground Control from DMC with my Road King. It works great, but is not cheap.
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
      So, I love the Roadster now. But, I am quickly finding that I am now doing the pedal dance. I was curious what people use for midi switching systems and midi amp channel switching.

So basically, my setup is like this.

Guitar -> Overdrive -> Amp (Loop :: G-Major -> Rane PEQ-15) -> Out

My biggest problem is that I am using a overdrive pedal infront of the amp and when I switch to a clean channel, I would like that to turn off at the same time. I would like to be able to select a midi channel and be able to disable/bypass the overdrive, select a patch on the G-Major and also switch the amp channel. What is usually envolved in a setup like this?

-Nate
      Try this: GRX4 Guitar Router/Switcher

$250 , 4 loops, Midi controlled.

www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
        Try this: GRX4 Guitar Router/Switcher

$250 , 4 loops, Midi controlled.

Ahhh.... cool shit man... I took a look at some of their other products and they had this badboy...

Allows you to do the amp channel switching via midi. Thanks for the reference. Lot to soak up here. I may only need to go with the amp switcher if I can just find a good rack distortion/booster that is midi capable and just dump the stompbox. Research research research...

-Nate

Comment

I was gonna recommend Axess as well... That CFX4 and a Midimate serves me well.

Mario (axess owner), is truly a great dude and will take time to explain whatever. Class act for sure.

Comment

Does anyone ever still buy Custom Audio Electronics anymore? All the rigs I see dont anymore
            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
              Does anyone ever still buy Custom Audio Electronics anymore? All the rigs I see dont anymore
              The big guys still do.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

IMO, CAE is somewhat behind the times and overpriced in as far as switching setups go...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                  IMO, CAE is somewhat behind the times and overpriced in as far as switching setups go...
                  Agreed. CAE doesn't seem to be making much of the standard stuff anymore. So once you commit to a CAE rig you better like it. Having something hardwired to your needs can be cool but as things evolve a lot of folks end up wishing they had "just one more _____". These days the offerings are pretty good and way more affordable and some are considerably more flexible. The Axess GRX4 can be had for $250, if you need more you can get a GCX for $400, and for way more flexibility you can get the Sound Sculpture Switchblade starting at $850. Foot controllers are the same way - decent controllers start at $150 on up to the Axess FX1 for $899.

- Newc

Comment

Ahhh.... cool shit man... I took a look at some of their other products and they had this badboy...

Allows you to do the amp channel switching via midi. Thanks for the reference. Lot to soak up here. I may only need to go with the amp switcher if I can just find a good rack distortion/booster that is midi capable and just dump the stompbox. Research research research...

-Nate
                    If you end up wanting both the GRX and CFX it really is more cost effective to get the DMC GCX.

BTW, if you find a good rack distortion/booster that is MIDI capable please let me know - I've not encountered one yet.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      If you end up wanting both the GRX and CFX it really is more cost effective to get the DMC GCX.

BTW, if you find a good rack distortion/booster that is MIDI capable please let me know - I've not encountered one yet.
                      Hey Tim,

But, does the GCX Guitar Audio Switcher actually support amp channel switching when you have a 4 channel amp? I was looking at the GCX and didn't see the channel switching capabilities.

Rack Dirtortion/Booster sounds like a good new thread.... I have tried a lot of shit the past couple of days. I actually tried using a Bypassed (except for the distortion unit) POD, and using the effects out of a Digitech 2101 (Which only gives you a distortion and EQ). At least it is good information. Going to have to start another thread ).

Thanks again for the help.

-Nate

Comment

But, does the GCX Guitar Audio Switcher actually support amp channel switching when you have a 4 channel amp? I was looking at the GCX and didn't see the channel switching capabilities.
                        You need to go read their site: http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

You can use each of the eight loops for true bypass effect switching, A/B switching to select amps and preamps, or to control any type of footswitch function such as amp channel switching.
                        Read the section titled "Using Loops as Switches":

- Newc

Comment

Dumbass... therefore, I am :ROTF:

-Nate

Comment

I've been using my PODxt Pro for stomp boxes - it works pretty good but I'd still be interested in a dedicated box. Most people just end up putting pedals on a rack shelf.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              I've been using my PODxt Pro for stomp boxes - it works pretty good but I'd still be interested in a dedicated box. Most people just end up putting pedals on a rack shelf.
                              Tim,

I hate to ask this because I have been a pod user for a while. How do you set it up whereyou are bypassing everything except for the stompbox (I know you turn off the AIR and everything else.) but, what do cablewise inorder to turn off the tone controls on the front and have a neutral signal

-Nate

Comment

Working...
                              X