No announcement yet.

Effects/Switching Systems/Amp Channel Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can just turn off amp and/or cab modeling altogether.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

CAE sounds like Jackson in the product and advertising dept
      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        Agreed. CAE doesn't seem to be making much of the standard stuff anymore. So once you commit to a CAE rig you better like it. Having something hardwired to your needs can be cool but as things evolve a lot of folks end up wishing they had "just one more _____". These days the offerings are pretty good and way more affordable and some are considerably more flexible. The Axess GRX4 can be had for $250, if you need more you can get a GCX for $400, and for way more flexibility you can get the Sound Sculpture Switchblade starting at $850. Foot controllers are the same way - decent controllers start at $150 on up to the Axess FX1 for $899.
        Dave mustaine complained that he was in South America and his CAE stuff went down and he could not get them on the phone and was fucked.
        www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
        the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Yeah, near impossible to get Bob or anyone on the phone there these days...

The technology has surpassed CAE's usefulness really. Most everything they do can be made much cheaper and actually better, people are more technically inclined to piecing together a rig, and the need for them is less and less. Their switching rigs are reasonably antiquated at this point.

I like their preamp (CAE3+se) a LOT, but, it's not worth the $1800 at this point in time, at least to me. Be hard to sell it, but, i wouldnt buy it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks View Post
            I use a GCX and Ground Control from DMC with my Road King. It works great, but is not cheap.
            In the short amount of time I've aquired rack gear.
            I've learned, the GCX and the Ground Control are the most versatile and useful pieces of rack gear one can have. Makes a large or small rack setup very manageable without the hassles. I intend to aquire a Ground Control foot controller.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Soap - you need to check out a Switchblade. It does quite a bit more than a GCX and you actually end up using far fewer cables as well.

http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/switchblade.htm
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
              X